GOALBALL: Fen Tigers talents add UK Novice Championship title to their trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team now has a novice title to go with its intermediate crown.
The local talents added to their UK Intermediate Championship win by clinching the novice title at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield last weekend.
Ben Pickersgill, Liam Pettitt and Daniel Beddis went the whole competition unbeaten, seeing off the competition of nine others sides – including last year’s winners Croysutt Warriors, who they beat 5-0 - scoring a whopping 57 goals in the process.
Pettit scored 28 of those goals; a massively impressive feat considering the highest league scorer for the entire season scored 45.
The novice side’s win follows the Fen Tigers’ Intermediate Championship success in May and their Intermediate Region B title earlier this year.
• The Fen Tigers are a growing club and from September will be entering teams at novice, intermediate and elite levels. They train at the Neale Wade Sports Academy in March every other Saturday.
For more information, search ‘Fen Tigers Goalball’ on Facebook or @fentigersgoalball on Twitter.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman