GOALBALL: Fen Tigers talents add UK Novice Championship title to their trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team now has a novice title to go with its intermediate crown.
The local talents added to their UK Intermediate Championship win by clinching the novice title at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield last weekend.
Ben Pickersgill, Liam Pettitt and Daniel Beddis went the whole competition unbeaten, seeing off the competition of nine others sides – including last year’s winners Croysutt Warriors, who they beat 5-0 - scoring a whopping 57 goals in the process.
Pettit scored 28 of those goals; a massively impressive feat considering the highest league scorer for the entire season scored 45.
The novice side’s win follows the Fen Tigers’ Intermediate Championship success in May and their Intermediate Region B title earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
• The Fen Tigers are a growing club and from September will be entering teams at novice, intermediate and elite levels. They train at the Neale Wade Sports Academy in March every other Saturday.
For more information, search ‘Fen Tigers Goalball’ on Facebook or @fentigersgoalball on Twitter.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack