GOALBALL: Fen Tigers talents add UK Novice Championship title to their trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team now has a novice title to go with its intermediate crown.
The local talents added to their UK Intermediate Championship win by clinching the novice title at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield last weekend.
Ben Pickersgill, Liam Pettitt and Daniel Beddis went the whole competition unbeaten, seeing off the competition of nine others sides – including last year’s winners Croysutt Warriors, who they beat 5-0 - scoring a whopping 57 goals in the process.
Pettit scored 28 of those goals; a massively impressive feat considering the highest league scorer for the entire season scored 45.
The novice side’s win follows the Fen Tigers’ Intermediate Championship success in May and their Intermediate Region B title earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
• The Fen Tigers are a growing club and from September will be entering teams at novice, intermediate and elite levels. They train at the Neale Wade Sports Academy in March every other Saturday.
For more information, search ‘Fen Tigers Goalball’ on Facebook or @fentigersgoalball on Twitter.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies