GOALBALL: Fen Tigers talents add UK Novice Championship title to their trophy cabinet
- Credit: Archant
The Fen Tigers Goalball team now has a novice title to go with its intermediate crown.
The local talents added to their UK Intermediate Championship win by clinching the novice title at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield last weekend.
Ben Pickersgill, Liam Pettitt and Daniel Beddis went the whole competition unbeaten, seeing off the competition of nine others sides – including last year’s winners Croysutt Warriors, who they beat 5-0 - scoring a whopping 57 goals in the process.
Pettit scored 28 of those goals; a massively impressive feat considering the highest league scorer for the entire season scored 45.
The novice side’s win follows the Fen Tigers’ Intermediate Championship success in May and their Intermediate Region B title earlier this year.
You may also want to watch:
• The Fen Tigers are a growing club and from September will be entering teams at novice, intermediate and elite levels. They train at the Neale Wade Sports Academy in March every other Saturday.
For more information, search ‘Fen Tigers Goalball’ on Facebook or @fentigersgoalball on Twitter.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 10 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine