GOLD!: Teenage trampoliner from Fenland becomes British champion
A TEENAGE trampoliner from Fenland has become a British champion after completing a stunning routine to win gold in Birmingham.
Rebecca Broda, 19, shone for the Fenland Flyers Trampoline Club at the National Indoor Arena as more than 800 gymnasts took part in the British Trampoline Finals.
Broda, who competes in the Gymnastic Movement for People with a Disability (GMPD) category, held her nerve to complete a brilliant routine even though she was the first performer to take to the trampoline.
However, her stunning display was enough to beat seven other finalist to secure a much-deserved gold medal.
Five categories, trampolining, synchro, double mini tramp (DMT), tumbling and GMPD, were competed for during the prestigious three-day event.
You may also want to watch:
• Fenland Flyers train at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech and offers trampoline courses for children of all ages and ability. For further information contact coach Adele Broda on 07850831825 or visit www.fenlandflyers.co.uk
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 3 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 6 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 7 Man jailed for abusive rampage against ex-partner
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school