GOLD!: Teenage trampoliner from Fenland becomes British champion
A TEENAGE trampoliner from Fenland has become a British champion after completing a stunning routine to win gold in Birmingham.
Rebecca Broda, 19, shone for the Fenland Flyers Trampoline Club at the National Indoor Arena as more than 800 gymnasts took part in the British Trampoline Finals.
Broda, who competes in the Gymnastic Movement for People with a Disability (GMPD) category, held her nerve to complete a brilliant routine even though she was the first performer to take to the trampoline.
However, her stunning display was enough to beat seven other finalist to secure a much-deserved gold medal.
Five categories, trampolining, synchro, double mini tramp (DMT), tumbling and GMPD, were competed for during the prestigious three-day event.
You may also want to watch:
• Fenland Flyers train at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech and offers trampoline courses for children of all ages and ability. For further information contact coach Adele Broda on 07850831825 or visit www.fenlandflyers.co.uk
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers