GOLD!: Teenage trampoliner from Fenland becomes British champion
A TEENAGE trampoliner from Fenland has become a British champion after completing a stunning routine to win gold in Birmingham.
Rebecca Broda, 19, shone for the Fenland Flyers Trampoline Club at the National Indoor Arena as more than 800 gymnasts took part in the British Trampoline Finals.
Broda, who competes in the Gymnastic Movement for People with a Disability (GMPD) category, held her nerve to complete a brilliant routine even though she was the first performer to take to the trampoline.
However, her stunning display was enough to beat seven other finalist to secure a much-deserved gold medal.
Five categories, trampolining, synchro, double mini tramp (DMT), tumbling and GMPD, were competed for during the prestigious three-day event.
You may also want to watch:
• Fenland Flyers train at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech and offers trampoline courses for children of all ages and ability. For further information contact coach Adele Broda on 07850831825 or visit www.fenlandflyers.co.uk
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 5 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 6 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 9 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 10 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers