GOLF: Captain Mick Russell puts in the hard yards to raise funds at March
- Credit: Archant
Captain Mick Russell took to the fairways to raise money for March Golf Club.
Russell completed 72 holes of golf in one day during his recent ‘Golfathon’ at the Grange Road course.
A host of other club members joined Russell for part of the marathon event which began at 4.40am!
Russell also tasted success in the club’s Senior Spring Meeting. He was a resounding winner of an event which featured 20 golfers as he produced a 39-point tally.
Peter Coventry took second place on 33 points with senior section vice-captain Gary Brinn finishing third on 32.
You may also want to watch:
Lewis Hearn triumphed in the club’s recent Lombard Trophy qualifier. He racked up a score of 38 stableford points with John Church finishing as runner-up on 35.
Church will now join up with club professional Alex Oldham for a regional qualifier at Thetford on June 28 as Hearn is unavailable.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
The winners of that fourball better ball event then go to Portugal for the grand final in September.