GOLF: Captains Mick and Lydia drive March Golf Club into 2018
- Credit: Archant
The new year began at March Golf Club last Saturday with the traditional captain’s drive in.
Club captain Mick Russell sent his drive out to 208 yards, while lady captain Lydia Molyneux’s ball travelled 156 yards.
The event featured an 18-hole competition won by Steve Campbell on countback with a 41-point tally matched by Danny Daniel.
Paul Wood was a point back in third and pipped Les Forrester, the club’s seniors captain who also scored 40, on countback.
Fiona Wood’s 14pts earned victory in the nine-hole competition. She finished two points clear of John Wood.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 43 players took part despite cold and icy conditions with temporary greens in use.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack