GOLF: Captains Mick and Lydia drive March Golf Club into 2018
- Credit: Archant
The new year began at March Golf Club last Saturday with the traditional captain’s drive in.
Club captain Mick Russell sent his drive out to 208 yards, while lady captain Lydia Molyneux’s ball travelled 156 yards.
The event featured an 18-hole competition won by Steve Campbell on countback with a 41-point tally matched by Danny Daniel.
Paul Wood was a point back in third and pipped Les Forrester, the club’s seniors captain who also scored 40, on countback.
Fiona Wood’s 14pts earned victory in the nine-hole competition. She finished two points clear of John Wood.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 43 players took part despite cold and icy conditions with temporary greens in use.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo