GOLF: Captains Mick and Lydia drive March Golf Club into 2018
- Credit: Archant
The new year began at March Golf Club last Saturday with the traditional captain’s drive in.
Club captain Mick Russell sent his drive out to 208 yards, while lady captain Lydia Molyneux’s ball travelled 156 yards.
The event featured an 18-hole competition won by Steve Campbell on countback with a 41-point tally matched by Danny Daniel.
Paul Wood was a point back in third and pipped Les Forrester, the club’s seniors captain who also scored 40, on countback.
Fiona Wood’s 14pts earned victory in the nine-hole competition. She finished two points clear of John Wood.
You may also want to watch:
A total of 43 players took part despite cold and icy conditions with temporary greens in use.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless