March Golf Club ‘excited’ to welcome members back amid coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club were excited to welcome back its members to the course since it was forced to shut nearly two months ago.
Members flocked to the course since the club reopened its doors on May 13, with a new online booking system in place which allows tee times to be booked to help abide by social distancing guidelines.
Both the greens team and management kept busy to ensure the course was in fine condition following the Government’s announcement to ease some of its coronavirus lockdown measures last week.
Emma Norman, ladies’ captain, said: “It’s lovely to see the return of all our ladies with the addition of some new lady members.
“The course is in superb condition and praise should go to the greenkeepers and volunteers who have put a lot of hard work in.”
You may also want to watch:
Full memberships and summer memberships are available from Monday, June 1. For more information, email club secretary Michal Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’