GOLF: Delight for Derek in final competition of 2017 and new captains unveiled at March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Derek Rowlett tasted success in the last official event of 2017 at March Golf Club.
Rowlett produced a score of 43pts to win the ‘Pro’s Competition’ on countback from Andy Lilley.
Shona Kent was the leading lady with a 38pt return. Emma Norman was second on 35pts and last year’s lady captain, Fiona Wood, took third with 32pts.
A total of 43 club members braved the freezing conditions.
The club’s new captains for 2018 were announced at the recent annual meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Russell succeeds Ivan Roberts as captain and handed the role of vice-captain to Alan Jones.
Lydia Molyneux takes on the post of ladies’ captain which was held by Fiona Wood this year.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre