GOLF: Delight for Derek in final competition of 2017 and new captains unveiled at March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Derek Rowlett tasted success in the last official event of 2017 at March Golf Club.
Rowlett produced a score of 43pts to win the ‘Pro’s Competition’ on countback from Andy Lilley.
Shona Kent was the leading lady with a 38pt return. Emma Norman was second on 35pts and last year’s lady captain, Fiona Wood, took third with 32pts.
A total of 43 club members braved the freezing conditions.
The club’s new captains for 2018 were announced at the recent annual meeting.
You may also want to watch:
Mick Russell succeeds Ivan Roberts as captain and handed the role of vice-captain to Alan Jones.
Lydia Molyneux takes on the post of ladies’ captain which was held by Fiona Wood this year.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized