GOLF: Dozens of local golfers compete in annual Cambs & Hunts Autumn Foursomes competition
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of top local golf talents went head-to-head at the Cambs & Hunts County Autumn Foursomes last week.
The March Golf Club-based competition saw 28 players take part over 36 holes and overcome some tricky weather conditions.
The soggy weather didn’t dampen spirits, however, and the tournament witnessed some excellent skill including Sarah Oldham’s chip out of a green side bunker.
After a day of entertaining action the players headed inside for the trophy presentations which saw Jacquie Richardson and Linda Harness win first prize after their score of 60 points.
Second place went to Hazel Suswain and Robin Singleton with 59 and Sarah Oldham and Emma Norman of March Golf Club came in third with 58.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It was a great day and everyone enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to next year.”
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films