GOLF: Dozens of local golfers compete in annual Cambs & Hunts Autumn Foursomes competition
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of top local golf talents went head-to-head at the Cambs & Hunts County Autumn Foursomes last week.
The March Golf Club-based competition saw 28 players take part over 36 holes and overcome some tricky weather conditions.
The soggy weather didn’t dampen spirits, however, and the tournament witnessed some excellent skill including Sarah Oldham’s chip out of a green side bunker.
After a day of entertaining action the players headed inside for the trophy presentations which saw Jacquie Richardson and Linda Harness win first prize after their score of 60 points.
Second place went to Hazel Suswain and Robin Singleton with 59 and Sarah Oldham and Emma Norman of March Golf Club came in third with 58.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: “It was a great day and everyone enjoyed themselves and are looking forward to next year.”
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl