GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman remains on top form having won the lower handicap prize at March Golf Club’s captain’s day last week.
Norman stormed to 39 points, beating rival Sarah Oldham on count back. Carolyn Morton was another of the competition’s victors, lifting the higher handicap trophy after seeing off the challenge of Pam Hawes, who finished in second place with 34 points and Glenis Jones, who scored 31.
Other winners were Brenda Softley, who won in the nearest to the line, Ros Humphrey and Sarah Oldham, who won the longest drive.
Not content with her lower handicap prize, Emma Norman went on to take the nearest to the pin on the sixth prize.
Captain, Fiona Wood, said: “It was lovely to see so many ladies play and the weather conditions were almost perfect.
“The rain we had last week ensured the course was in great condition and this was reflected in some excellent scoring and a few handicap cuts We enjoyed lots of bubbly and a delicious meal afterwards.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier