GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman remains on top form having won the lower handicap prize at March Golf Club’s captain’s day last week.
Norman stormed to 39 points, beating rival Sarah Oldham on count back. Carolyn Morton was another of the competition’s victors, lifting the higher handicap trophy after seeing off the challenge of Pam Hawes, who finished in second place with 34 points and Glenis Jones, who scored 31.
Other winners were Brenda Softley, who won in the nearest to the line, Ros Humphrey and Sarah Oldham, who won the longest drive.
Not content with her lower handicap prize, Emma Norman went on to take the nearest to the pin on the sixth prize.
Captain, Fiona Wood, said: “It was lovely to see so many ladies play and the weather conditions were almost perfect.
You may also want to watch:
“The rain we had last week ensured the course was in great condition and this was reflected in some excellent scoring and a few handicap cuts We enjoyed lots of bubbly and a delicious meal afterwards.”
- 1 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen