GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman remains on top form having won the lower handicap prize at March Golf Club’s captain’s day last week.
Norman stormed to 39 points, beating rival Sarah Oldham on count back. Carolyn Morton was another of the competition’s victors, lifting the higher handicap trophy after seeing off the challenge of Pam Hawes, who finished in second place with 34 points and Glenis Jones, who scored 31.
Other winners were Brenda Softley, who won in the nearest to the line, Ros Humphrey and Sarah Oldham, who won the longest drive.
Not content with her lower handicap prize, Emma Norman went on to take the nearest to the pin on the sixth prize.
Captain, Fiona Wood, said: “It was lovely to see so many ladies play and the weather conditions were almost perfect.
You may also want to watch:
“The rain we had last week ensured the course was in great condition and this was reflected in some excellent scoring and a few handicap cuts We enjoyed lots of bubbly and a delicious meal afterwards.”
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab