GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s Spring meeting - and could be heading for success on national stage
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman continued her fine recent form with victory at March Golf Club’s annual Spring meeting last weekend.
Norman, who also qualified for the national final of Bridgestone’s Chase Your Dream competition last week, pipped Maureen Pope to March’s top prize, claiming the victory on countback. Margaret Butt finished in third.
March talent Emma will now go head-to-head with top golfers at Woodhall Spa in August and if successful will be crowned England’s champion female handicap golfer of the year. She would also go on to play in the Pro-am at the Bridgestone Challenge the following month.
Fiona Wood, March Golf Club Ladies captain, said: “We are very proud of Emma and her achievement this weekend.
“She beat some stiff competition to qualify and returned an excellent sub-par round in a medal competition on a strange course - not easy, I can assure you.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish her every success in the finals.”
• Results of the March Golf Club Addie Sole Rosebowl medal competition: 1st Penny Gilbert, net 79, beat Carolyn Morton on countback, also net 79.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs