GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s Spring meeting - and could be heading for success on national stage
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman continued her fine recent form with victory at March Golf Club’s annual Spring meeting last weekend.
Norman, who also qualified for the national final of Bridgestone’s Chase Your Dream competition last week, pipped Maureen Pope to March’s top prize, claiming the victory on countback. Margaret Butt finished in third.
March talent Emma will now go head-to-head with top golfers at Woodhall Spa in August and if successful will be crowned England’s champion female handicap golfer of the year. She would also go on to play in the Pro-am at the Bridgestone Challenge the following month.
Fiona Wood, March Golf Club Ladies captain, said: “We are very proud of Emma and her achievement this weekend.
“She beat some stiff competition to qualify and returned an excellent sub-par round in a medal competition on a strange course - not easy, I can assure you.
“We wish her every success in the finals.”
• Results of the March Golf Club Addie Sole Rosebowl medal competition: 1st Penny Gilbert, net 79, beat Carolyn Morton on countback, also net 79.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens