GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s Spring meeting - and could be heading for success on national stage
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman continued her fine recent form with victory at March Golf Club’s annual Spring meeting last weekend.
Norman, who also qualified for the national final of Bridgestone’s Chase Your Dream competition last week, pipped Maureen Pope to March’s top prize, claiming the victory on countback. Margaret Butt finished in third.
March talent Emma will now go head-to-head with top golfers at Woodhall Spa in August and if successful will be crowned England’s champion female handicap golfer of the year. She would also go on to play in the Pro-am at the Bridgestone Challenge the following month.
Fiona Wood, March Golf Club Ladies captain, said: “We are very proud of Emma and her achievement this weekend.
“She beat some stiff competition to qualify and returned an excellent sub-par round in a medal competition on a strange course - not easy, I can assure you.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish her every success in the finals.”
• Results of the March Golf Club Addie Sole Rosebowl medal competition: 1st Penny Gilbert, net 79, beat Carolyn Morton on countback, also net 79.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic