GOLF: Emma excels at March Golf Club’s Spring meeting - and could be heading for success on national stage
- Credit: Archant
Emma Norman continued her fine recent form with victory at March Golf Club’s annual Spring meeting last weekend.
Norman, who also qualified for the national final of Bridgestone’s Chase Your Dream competition last week, pipped Maureen Pope to March’s top prize, claiming the victory on countback. Margaret Butt finished in third.
March talent Emma will now go head-to-head with top golfers at Woodhall Spa in August and if successful will be crowned England’s champion female handicap golfer of the year. She would also go on to play in the Pro-am at the Bridgestone Challenge the following month.
Fiona Wood, March Golf Club Ladies captain, said: “We are very proud of Emma and her achievement this weekend.
“She beat some stiff competition to qualify and returned an excellent sub-par round in a medal competition on a strange course - not easy, I can assure you.
You may also want to watch:
“We wish her every success in the finals.”
• Results of the March Golf Club Addie Sole Rosebowl medal competition: 1st Penny Gilbert, net 79, beat Carolyn Morton on countback, also net 79.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region