GOLF: Lydia is welcomed as new captain at March Golf Club ladies meeting
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club’s ladies celebrate a year of success at its annual general meeting last week.
The outgoing captain, Fiona Wood, handed out prizes and thanked her fellow members for an enjoyable year and for helping her raise more than £4,000 for her selected charity, MIND, over the course of the season.
She said: “I’ve found my time as captain very rewarding and I’d like to thank all our members for their support.”
She then handed over to new skipper Lydia Molyneux, who has picked the East Anglian Air Ambulance as her chosen charity for 2018.
She said: “With the help of my vice captain, Sandra Russell, I look forward to another very successful year.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s main AGM will be held on Thursday December 14 at 7.30pm at March Golf Club.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard