GOLF: Lydia is welcomed as new captain at March Golf Club ladies meeting
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club’s ladies celebrate a year of success at its annual general meeting last week.
The outgoing captain, Fiona Wood, handed out prizes and thanked her fellow members for an enjoyable year and for helping her raise more than £4,000 for her selected charity, MIND, over the course of the season.
She said: “I’ve found my time as captain very rewarding and I’d like to thank all our members for their support.”
She then handed over to new skipper Lydia Molyneux, who has picked the East Anglian Air Ambulance as her chosen charity for 2018.
She said: “With the help of my vice captain, Sandra Russell, I look forward to another very successful year.”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s main AGM will be held on Thursday December 14 at 7.30pm at March Golf Club.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 5 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 6 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens