GOLF: Rain fails to dampen spirits at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
A heavy downpour failed to deter players at March Golf Club’s captains day last weekend.
A total of 77 players took part in the event organised by captain Ivan Robert, with men’s and women’s trophies up for grabs.
Simon Moore was the victor in the male category, scoring 38 points, with Lewis Hearn and Gary Neugebauer finishing closely behind on 37 points.
Penny Gilbert continued her impressive recent form by taking the women’s title with 17 points. She finished just ahead of Sarah Oldham on countback.
The past captain’s prize was won by Chris Hodson, and Glenis Jones, Penny Gilbert and Barry Cracknell won nearest to the pins.
You may also want to watch:
The day raised £553 for the MIND charity.
Ivan said: “Despite the weather, we had a fabulous day with some great golf and a lot of fund afterwards.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
“We raised a decent amount for our joint captains’ charity, which is great news.”