GOLF: Rain fails to dampen spirits at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
A heavy downpour failed to deter players at March Golf Club’s captains day last weekend.
A total of 77 players took part in the event organised by captain Ivan Robert, with men’s and women’s trophies up for grabs.
Simon Moore was the victor in the male category, scoring 38 points, with Lewis Hearn and Gary Neugebauer finishing closely behind on 37 points.
Penny Gilbert continued her impressive recent form by taking the women’s title with 17 points. She finished just ahead of Sarah Oldham on countback.
The past captain’s prize was won by Chris Hodson, and Glenis Jones, Penny Gilbert and Barry Cracknell won nearest to the pins.
You may also want to watch:
The day raised £553 for the MIND charity.
Ivan said: “Despite the weather, we had a fabulous day with some great golf and a lot of fund afterwards.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 3 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 9 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Cash machine grabbed in East Cambs ram raid
“We raised a decent amount for our joint captains’ charity, which is great news.”