GOLF: Rain fails to dampen spirits at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
A heavy downpour failed to deter players at March Golf Club’s captains day last weekend.
A total of 77 players took part in the event organised by captain Ivan Robert, with men’s and women’s trophies up for grabs.
Simon Moore was the victor in the male category, scoring 38 points, with Lewis Hearn and Gary Neugebauer finishing closely behind on 37 points.
Penny Gilbert continued her impressive recent form by taking the women’s title with 17 points. She finished just ahead of Sarah Oldham on countback.
The past captain’s prize was won by Chris Hodson, and Glenis Jones, Penny Gilbert and Barry Cracknell won nearest to the pins.
The day raised £553 for the MIND charity.
Ivan said: “Despite the weather, we had a fabulous day with some great golf and a lot of fund afterwards.
- 1 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 2 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 6 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 7 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 8 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 9 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 10 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
“We raised a decent amount for our joint captains’ charity, which is great news.”