GOLF: Rain fails to dampen spirits at March Golf Club’s captain’s day
- Credit: Archant
A heavy downpour failed to deter players at March Golf Club’s captains day last weekend.
A total of 77 players took part in the event organised by captain Ivan Robert, with men’s and women’s trophies up for grabs.
Simon Moore was the victor in the male category, scoring 38 points, with Lewis Hearn and Gary Neugebauer finishing closely behind on 37 points.
Penny Gilbert continued her impressive recent form by taking the women’s title with 17 points. She finished just ahead of Sarah Oldham on countback.
The past captain’s prize was won by Chris Hodson, and Glenis Jones, Penny Gilbert and Barry Cracknell won nearest to the pins.
You may also want to watch:
The day raised £553 for the MIND charity.
Ivan said: “Despite the weather, we had a fabulous day with some great golf and a lot of fund afterwards.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 10 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
“We raised a decent amount for our joint captains’ charity, which is great news.”