Golf round-up - George and Rowlett win Papworth Salvers
- Credit: Archant
It was yet another blustery summer’s evening for the 39th annual Papworth Salvers Mixed Foursomes Stableford competition.
March club captain Malcom George and his playing partner Jo Rowlett saw off stiff competition, winning by just one point.
George said: “The conditions were tricky out there, but the course was in great condition and the pace of the greens was much improved. Great fun!”
March seniors won in their match against Old Nene 4.5 – 1.5 Team: Bruce Frost & Alister Hopkins, Derek Wisbey & Doug Lamb, John Taylor & Peter Flint, Chris Bateman & Fred Gordon, Ernie Valentine & Fred Yeulett, Bill Hudson & Sid Riches.
March seniors lost in their match against Brampton 0 – 6. Team: Bruce Frost & Derek Wisbey, Clive Davis & Ken Leys, Jock Finlay & John Kerby, Chris Bateman & Mike Enderby, Alan Hall & Ray Pescud, Alister Hopkins & Bill Hudson.
You may also want to watch:
Shona Kent won the ladies Long handicap 109-29-80. Second was Pearl Moss 134-36-98.
Winner of the men’s Stableford was Gary Morgan, second was Paul Turner.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
Winner of the Long Handicap Cup Div 1 was Gary Neugebauer, second was Colin With. Winner of Div 2 was Ken Hocken, second Hugh McGarvie.
1. Ladies Open Day: 1st. Gedney Hill Team of Ann Chick,Lynn Exley, Christine Lord, Maggie Bingham 102 pts; 2nd. Thetford Team of Dawn Dixon, Jess Dixon, Allison Jones, Sharon Caws 98 pts; 3rd. Tydd St Giles Team of Lyn Walker, Christine Burton, Mary Kierman, Liz Mitchell 92 pts. Nearest pin: Lyn Walker 97 inches; 2’s Ann Bell Richmond Park.
2. Seniors 2 V Ryston Park Seniors 4 [away]. S/Bridge Team: Richard Titchener and John Caney L 4 and 2; Roy Amos and Charlie Waling L 4 and 3; Keith Robinson and Norman Davis L 5 and 3; Roger Williamson and Don Robinson W 1 up; Harold Shingleton and Mervyn Williamson W 2 up; Sid Everitt and Roy Fox L 5 and 4.
TYDD ST GILES
Seniors stableford vouchers competition division 1 winner Baz Smith 42 points, 2nd Steve Skoulding 36 points, 3rd Dennis Savory 35 points, division 2 winner ocb Dennis Wilson 38 points, 2nd ocb Brian Gifford 38 points,3rd Gary Brown 38 points, division 3 winner Tony Illsey 39 points, 2nd Alec Harding 34 points, 3rd Brian Gough.
Mens June Stableford division 1 winner Ady Rowell 42 points, 2nd Andy Betts 40 points, 3rd George Pawson 38 points, division 2 winner Andrew Hicks 39 points, 2nd ocb John Kellegher 36 points, 3rd Stephen Jeffries 36 points, division 3 winner Brendon Docking 37 points, 2nd ocb Chris Simmonds 35 points, 3rd Trevor Smith 35 points.