GOLF: Trophies galore as dozens go head-to-head for March Town Golf Club’s President’s Putter, Barbecue Cup and Ladies competition prizes
- Credit: Archant
A member of March Golf Club clinched a career first last weekend.
Derek Rowlett, who has played in the club’s President’s Putter competition almost every year for the past 39 years, won the competition for the first time alongside Sandra Russell.
The duo chalked up 37 points ahead of runners-up, Rob Henshaw and Lydia Molyneux.
The competition followed the club’s annual Barbecue Cup competition, which welcomed 63 men and 10 ladies.
Michael Lee won the cup, seeing off the competition of Ralph Braams, who recorded 39 points and Callum Campbell (38 points.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies winner was Jean Alterton, who pipped Emma Norman on countback.
And finally, there were two very closely contested Ladies competitions this month.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
The Gold Crest Trophy, held on August 8, was won by Fiona Woods on 32 points. In second place was Pam Hawes, on countback, also with 32.
A nine-hole stableford on August 10 was an even tighter finish, with five ladies 16 points. The winner, on countback, was Victoria Collett followed by Gail Arnold in second place.