GOLF: Trophies galore as dozens go head-to-head for March Town Golf Club’s President’s Putter, Barbecue Cup and Ladies competition prizes
- Credit: Archant
A member of March Golf Club clinched a career first last weekend.
Derek Rowlett, who has played in the club’s President’s Putter competition almost every year for the past 39 years, won the competition for the first time alongside Sandra Russell.
The duo chalked up 37 points ahead of runners-up, Rob Henshaw and Lydia Molyneux.
The competition followed the club’s annual Barbecue Cup competition, which welcomed 63 men and 10 ladies.
Michael Lee won the cup, seeing off the competition of Ralph Braams, who recorded 39 points and Callum Campbell (38 points.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies winner was Jean Alterton, who pipped Emma Norman on countback.
And finally, there were two very closely contested Ladies competitions this month.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
The Gold Crest Trophy, held on August 8, was won by Fiona Woods on 32 points. In second place was Pam Hawes, on countback, also with 32.
A nine-hole stableford on August 10 was an even tighter finish, with five ladies 16 points. The winner, on countback, was Victoria Collett followed by Gail Arnold in second place.