GOLF: Trophies galore as dozens go head-to-head for March Town Golf Club’s President’s Putter, Barbecue Cup and Ladies competition prizes
- Credit: Archant
A member of March Golf Club clinched a career first last weekend.
Derek Rowlett, who has played in the club’s President’s Putter competition almost every year for the past 39 years, won the competition for the first time alongside Sandra Russell.
The duo chalked up 37 points ahead of runners-up, Rob Henshaw and Lydia Molyneux.
The competition followed the club’s annual Barbecue Cup competition, which welcomed 63 men and 10 ladies.
Michael Lee won the cup, seeing off the competition of Ralph Braams, who recorded 39 points and Callum Campbell (38 points.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies winner was Jean Alterton, who pipped Emma Norman on countback.
And finally, there were two very closely contested Ladies competitions this month.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
The Gold Crest Trophy, held on August 8, was won by Fiona Woods on 32 points. In second place was Pam Hawes, on countback, also with 32.
A nine-hole stableford on August 10 was an even tighter finish, with five ladies 16 points. The winner, on countback, was Victoria Collett followed by Gail Arnold in second place.