March golfers fail to shine in near perfect conditions for club championship, says captain
- Credit: Archant
Golfers were able to bask in the near perfect weather conditions at the latest March Golf Club tournament.
The club held the qualifying round of its club championship on Saturday, July 11 where the players with the best 20 scores will compete in the final this Saturday (July 18).
Although the conditions perhaps should have resulted in good scores, there were very few according to club captain, Rob Henshaw.
He said: “A few people had absolutely terrible rounds, but I was even worse!
“There can be no excuses, the course is in great condition and the greens are generally accepted as being the best they have been for many a year.”
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members, and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit the club website at https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer