March golfers fail to shine in near perfect conditions for club championship, says captain
- Credit: Archant
Golfers were able to bask in the near perfect weather conditions at the latest March Golf Club tournament.
The club held the qualifying round of its club championship on Saturday, July 11 where the players with the best 20 scores will compete in the final this Saturday (July 18).
Although the conditions perhaps should have resulted in good scores, there were very few according to club captain, Rob Henshaw.
He said: “A few people had absolutely terrible rounds, but I was even worse!
“There can be no excuses, the course is in great condition and the greens are generally accepted as being the best they have been for many a year.”
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members, and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit the club website at https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 3 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 9 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 10 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial