March golfers fail to shine in near perfect conditions for club championship, says captain
- Credit: Archant
Golfers were able to bask in the near perfect weather conditions at the latest March Golf Club tournament.
The club held the qualifying round of its club championship on Saturday, July 11 where the players with the best 20 scores will compete in the final this Saturday (July 18).
Although the conditions perhaps should have resulted in good scores, there were very few according to club captain, Rob Henshaw.
He said: “A few people had absolutely terrible rounds, but I was even worse!
“There can be no excuses, the course is in great condition and the greens are generally accepted as being the best they have been for many a year.”
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members, and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit the club website at https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Six slimmers lose 40 stone between them
- 2 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 3 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 4 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 5 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 6 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 7 Wetherspoon refused permission for £2m Ely pub - too big say planners
- 8 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 9 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 10 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls