March golfers fail to shine in near perfect conditions for club championship, says captain
- Credit: Archant
Golfers were able to bask in the near perfect weather conditions at the latest March Golf Club tournament.
The club held the qualifying round of its club championship on Saturday, July 11 where the players with the best 20 scores will compete in the final this Saturday (July 18).
Although the conditions perhaps should have resulted in good scores, there were very few according to club captain, Rob Henshaw.
He said: “A few people had absolutely terrible rounds, but I was even worse!
“There can be no excuses, the course is in great condition and the greens are generally accepted as being the best they have been for many a year.”
You may also want to watch:
March Golf Club is open to non-members, and has introduced a twilight rate. All golf must be booked in advance.
For more information, visit the club website at https://www.marchgolfclub.co.uk/.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 8 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel