Golfers raise hundreds for charity during Tydd St Giles’ senior celebration golf day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 120 golfers took to the fairways on Tydd St Giles Golf Club’s seniors 10th annual celebration golf day.
Players from Wensum Valley, RAF Marham, Newmarket, Wellingboro, Stamford, Spalding, March, Swaffham, Sleaford, Feltwell, Ely, Kings Lynn and Tofts competed in the pairs stableford competition.
The winning pair was Bill Collins and Alan Bambridge of Tofts.
The seniors and ladies captains set up a special halfway house drinks and refreshments stall for the players, which raised £382 for the Crohn’s Charity Appeal and £150 for Macmillan Nurses.
SUTTON Bridge Golf Club’s mixed team beat March 4-2 in a competitive derby contest.
Brenda Bell came out on top in the lady captain’s day competition.
She finished ahead of Jane Rose, Jen Baines and Jenny Wells.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 4 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 5 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
- 8 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 9 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 10 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
ROS Humphrey won March Golf Club’s ladies July medal, while James Collett won the men’s medal.
Simon Moore saw off the challenges of Gary Neugebauer and Ken Hocken to win the BBQ cup.
In the Scratch League, March lost 2-1 to St Ives.