Golfers raise hundreds for charity during Tydd St Giles’ senior celebration golf day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 120 golfers took to the fairways on Tydd St Giles Golf Club’s seniors 10th annual celebration golf day.
Players from Wensum Valley, RAF Marham, Newmarket, Wellingboro, Stamford, Spalding, March, Swaffham, Sleaford, Feltwell, Ely, Kings Lynn and Tofts competed in the pairs stableford competition.
The winning pair was Bill Collins and Alan Bambridge of Tofts.
The seniors and ladies captains set up a special halfway house drinks and refreshments stall for the players, which raised £382 for the Crohn’s Charity Appeal and £150 for Macmillan Nurses.
SUTTON Bridge Golf Club’s mixed team beat March 4-2 in a competitive derby contest.
You may also want to watch:
Brenda Bell came out on top in the lady captain’s day competition.
She finished ahead of Jane Rose, Jen Baines and Jenny Wells.
- 1 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 5 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
ROS Humphrey won March Golf Club’s ladies July medal, while James Collett won the men’s medal.
Simon Moore saw off the challenges of Gary Neugebauer and Ken Hocken to win the BBQ cup.
In the Scratch League, March lost 2-1 to St Ives.