Golfers raise hundreds for charity during Tydd St Giles’ senior celebration golf day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 120 golfers took to the fairways on Tydd St Giles Golf Club’s seniors 10th annual celebration golf day.
Players from Wensum Valley, RAF Marham, Newmarket, Wellingboro, Stamford, Spalding, March, Swaffham, Sleaford, Feltwell, Ely, Kings Lynn and Tofts competed in the pairs stableford competition.
The winning pair was Bill Collins and Alan Bambridge of Tofts.
The seniors and ladies captains set up a special halfway house drinks and refreshments stall for the players, which raised £382 for the Crohn’s Charity Appeal and £150 for Macmillan Nurses.
SUTTON Bridge Golf Club’s mixed team beat March 4-2 in a competitive derby contest.
You may also want to watch:
Brenda Bell came out on top in the lady captain’s day competition.
She finished ahead of Jane Rose, Jen Baines and Jenny Wells.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
ROS Humphrey won March Golf Club’s ladies July medal, while James Collett won the men’s medal.
Simon Moore saw off the challenges of Gary Neugebauer and Ken Hocken to win the BBQ cup.
In the Scratch League, March lost 2-1 to St Ives.