Golfers raise hundreds for charity during Tydd St Giles’ senior celebration golf day
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 120 golfers took to the fairways on Tydd St Giles Golf Club’s seniors 10th annual celebration golf day.
Players from Wensum Valley, RAF Marham, Newmarket, Wellingboro, Stamford, Spalding, March, Swaffham, Sleaford, Feltwell, Ely, Kings Lynn and Tofts competed in the pairs stableford competition.
The winning pair was Bill Collins and Alan Bambridge of Tofts.
The seniors and ladies captains set up a special halfway house drinks and refreshments stall for the players, which raised £382 for the Crohn’s Charity Appeal and £150 for Macmillan Nurses.
SUTTON Bridge Golf Club’s mixed team beat March 4-2 in a competitive derby contest.
You may also want to watch:
Brenda Bell came out on top in the lady captain’s day competition.
She finished ahead of Jane Rose, Jen Baines and Jenny Wells.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
ROS Humphrey won March Golf Club’s ladies July medal, while James Collett won the men’s medal.
Simon Moore saw off the challenges of Gary Neugebauer and Ken Hocken to win the BBQ cup.
In the Scratch League, March lost 2-1 to St Ives.