Good finish for determined March team at Round Norfolk Relay
MARCH AC put in a solid performance to finish in 20th place in the annual 24-hour Round Norfolk Relay over the weekend.
The team of 17 covered 200 miles starting and finishing at Lynnsport, in Kings Lynn.
A total of 58 teams entered the race with March coming home in a time of 25 hours 19 minutes only 4 minutes 59 seconds within their predicted time and in a respectable 20th place overall.
The runners were supported by a cyclist and a support vehicle throughout the whole race. Pete West, pictured, with cyclist Jim Atkin, ran the first leg of 16.61 miles in 2 hours 4 minutes whilst crossing the finish line 25 hours later was Lee Carey who covered 11.7 miles in a time of 1 hour 25 minutes.
Debra Wait won her stage by completing the 14.6 miles from Bungay to Scole in a time of 1 hour 43 minutes and set a new ladies record for this leg.
You may also want to watch:
Times overall :- Pete West 16.61 miles 2.04.58, Mick Stacey 14.06 miles 1.46.39, Austin Patterson 5.76 miles 53.29, Karen Patterson 11.14 miles 1.27.46, Jason Perring 10.81 miles 1.20.49, Wayne Stimson 7.9 miles 56.54, Fred Amps 9.24 miles 1.10.27, Mark Salmons 7.52 miles 53.47, Harry Littlemore 11.3 miles, 1.35.57, Steve Rooney 20.06 miles 2.48.50, Debra Wait 14.6 miles 1.43.14, Rick Ware 19.67 miles 2.35.14, Joe Bradshaw 13.25 miles 1.29.52, Tim Boyd 7.27 miles 54.14, Geraldine Emmins 10.59 miles 1.25.08, Richard Paul 5.49 miles 47.08, Lee Carey 11.72 miles 1.25.31.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 4 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 5 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell