Great competition for Fenland Gymnastics Academy girls at Cambridgeshire County Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy picked up a stunning medal haul at the Cambridgeshire County Championships in Huntingdon.
The nine girls came home with 31 medals and two trophies between them.
In Age Level 4 (9 years); Millie Full walked away with silver medals on Vault, Bars, Floor and Overall and managed to secure gold on Beam. Alysia Hawes gained bronze medals on Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor and overall.
Out of Age Level 4 (10/11 years); Ann Eidt, 11, secured bronze medals on Vault and Bars, then got gold on Beam and also became the Level 4 Champion overall. Lilia Riley, 10, got bronze medals on Beam and Floor and silver medals on Beam and also overall. Maddie Goode, 10, got a silver medal on Bars and came fourth overall.
Having qualified in the top spots, Ann and Lilia will now travel to Ipswich in October for the Regional Finals. Maddie took the reserve spot.
You may also want to watch:
Out of Age Level 4 (14+ years); Khiaeasa Dilley, 14, walked away with a silver medal on Beam and came fourth overall, which means that she takes the reserve spot for the Regional Finals.
In the Range and Conditioning competition out of all the Level 4 age groups, FGA had a clean sweep with Emma Elam, 11, in third, Ann Eidt, 11, in second and Alysia Hawes, 9, in first.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 3 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick
In the Team competition, FGA beat four other teams to take the gold medal and cup, which was a fantastic achievement for Khiaeasa, Ann, Lilia and Maddie whose scores added up to boost them to first place.
In the Out of Age Level 3 (11/12 years) competition; Georgia Dilley, 12, managed to take the bronze medals on Bars and Floor.
In the Range and Conditioning competition out of all the Level 3 age groups, Jessica Langley, 11, took top spot, with Georgia Dilley, 12, taking third place.
Claire Stock, of Fenland Gymnastics Academy, said: “This was a brilliant way to start the season off and we look forward to the next few months where we have more gymnasts representing us at county, regional and national competitions.”