Great competition for Fenland Gymnastics Academy girls at Cambridgeshire County Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy picked up a stunning medal haul at the Cambridgeshire County Championships in Huntingdon.
The nine girls came home with 31 medals and two trophies between them.
In Age Level 4 (9 years); Millie Full walked away with silver medals on Vault, Bars, Floor and Overall and managed to secure gold on Beam. Alysia Hawes gained bronze medals on Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor and overall.
Out of Age Level 4 (10/11 years); Ann Eidt, 11, secured bronze medals on Vault and Bars, then got gold on Beam and also became the Level 4 Champion overall. Lilia Riley, 10, got bronze medals on Beam and Floor and silver medals on Beam and also overall. Maddie Goode, 10, got a silver medal on Bars and came fourth overall.
Having qualified in the top spots, Ann and Lilia will now travel to Ipswich in October for the Regional Finals. Maddie took the reserve spot.
Out of Age Level 4 (14+ years); Khiaeasa Dilley, 14, walked away with a silver medal on Beam and came fourth overall, which means that she takes the reserve spot for the Regional Finals.
In the Range and Conditioning competition out of all the Level 4 age groups, FGA had a clean sweep with Emma Elam, 11, in third, Ann Eidt, 11, in second and Alysia Hawes, 9, in first.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 10 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
In the Team competition, FGA beat four other teams to take the gold medal and cup, which was a fantastic achievement for Khiaeasa, Ann, Lilia and Maddie whose scores added up to boost them to first place.
In the Out of Age Level 3 (11/12 years) competition; Georgia Dilley, 12, managed to take the bronze medals on Bars and Floor.
In the Range and Conditioning competition out of all the Level 3 age groups, Jessica Langley, 11, took top spot, with Georgia Dilley, 12, taking third place.
Claire Stock, of Fenland Gymnastics Academy, said: “This was a brilliant way to start the season off and we look forward to the next few months where we have more gymnasts representing us at county, regional and national competitions.”