Great competition for Fenland Gymnastics Academy girls at Cambridgeshire County Championships
- Credit: Archant
Fenland Gymnastics Academy picked up a stunning medal haul at the Cambridgeshire County Championships in Huntingdon.
The nine girls came home with 31 medals and two trophies between them.
In Age Level 4 (9 years); Millie Full walked away with silver medals on Vault, Bars, Floor and Overall and managed to secure gold on Beam. Alysia Hawes gained bronze medals on Vault, Bars, Beam, Floor and overall.
Out of Age Level 4 (10/11 years); Ann Eidt, 11, secured bronze medals on Vault and Bars, then got gold on Beam and also became the Level 4 Champion overall. Lilia Riley, 10, got bronze medals on Beam and Floor and silver medals on Beam and also overall. Maddie Goode, 10, got a silver medal on Bars and came fourth overall.
Having qualified in the top spots, Ann and Lilia will now travel to Ipswich in October for the Regional Finals. Maddie took the reserve spot.
Out of Age Level 4 (14+ years); Khiaeasa Dilley, 14, walked away with a silver medal on Beam and came fourth overall, which means that she takes the reserve spot for the Regional Finals.
In the Range and Conditioning competition out of all the Level 4 age groups, FGA had a clean sweep with Emma Elam, 11, in third, Ann Eidt, 11, in second and Alysia Hawes, 9, in first.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
In the Team competition, FGA beat four other teams to take the gold medal and cup, which was a fantastic achievement for Khiaeasa, Ann, Lilia and Maddie whose scores added up to boost them to first place.
In the Out of Age Level 3 (11/12 years) competition; Georgia Dilley, 12, managed to take the bronze medals on Bars and Floor.
In the Range and Conditioning competition out of all the Level 3 age groups, Jessica Langley, 11, took top spot, with Georgia Dilley, 12, taking third place.
Claire Stock, of Fenland Gymnastics Academy, said: “This was a brilliant way to start the season off and we look forward to the next few months where we have more gymnasts representing us at county, regional and national competitions.”