Great Shelford 6 - 1 March Town Ladies - Hares put in spirited performance against top side in Ladies FA Cup clash
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies produced a battling performance against higher-level opposition ... but their Ladies FA Cup adventure came to an early end.
In the first qualifying round, the Hares lost 6-1 at Eastern Counties Premier side Great Shelford (three divisions higher).
Shelford played some great attacking football, although keeper Tori Sharpe made some critical saves in the first half. Trailing 3-0 on the hour mark, Jade Pointer dispossessed the left back and scored from close range. Adele Munday then had a header cleared off the line.
Despite further chances for the Hares, Shelford were clinical in their finishing and scored some late goals.
Coach Gary Davis said: “It might have been a different game if Adele’s header had gone in but it’s a great experience to play in the FA Cup and against some quality opponents.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll learn a lot from the game and looking forward to starting our league campaign starting on Sunday.”
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely