Great Shelford 6 - 1 March Town Ladies - Hares put in spirited performance against top side in Ladies FA Cup clash
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies produced a battling performance against higher-level opposition ... but their Ladies FA Cup adventure came to an early end.
In the first qualifying round, the Hares lost 6-1 at Eastern Counties Premier side Great Shelford (three divisions higher).
Shelford played some great attacking football, although keeper Tori Sharpe made some critical saves in the first half. Trailing 3-0 on the hour mark, Jade Pointer dispossessed the left back and scored from close range. Adele Munday then had a header cleared off the line.
Despite further chances for the Hares, Shelford were clinical in their finishing and scored some late goals.
Coach Gary Davis said: “It might have been a different game if Adele’s header had gone in but it’s a great experience to play in the FA Cup and against some quality opponents.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll learn a lot from the game and looking forward to starting our league campaign starting on Sunday.”
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement