Great Shelford 6 - 1 March Town Ladies - Hares put in spirited performance against top side in Ladies FA Cup clash
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies produced a battling performance against higher-level opposition ... but their Ladies FA Cup adventure came to an early end.
In the first qualifying round, the Hares lost 6-1 at Eastern Counties Premier side Great Shelford (three divisions higher).
Shelford played some great attacking football, although keeper Tori Sharpe made some critical saves in the first half. Trailing 3-0 on the hour mark, Jade Pointer dispossessed the left back and scored from close range. Adele Munday then had a header cleared off the line.
Despite further chances for the Hares, Shelford were clinical in their finishing and scored some late goals.
Coach Gary Davis said: “It might have been a different game if Adele’s header had gone in but it’s a great experience to play in the FA Cup and against some quality opponents.
“We’ll learn a lot from the game and looking forward to starting our league campaign starting on Sunday.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops