Gymnasts on top form
GYMNASTS from West Walton Gym Club won county and regional honours at a superb weekend of competitions. Yazmin Minton pulled off a sensational performance in the Eastern Region Level Four Out of Age Voluntary Championships by scooping the overall title ag
GYMNASTS from West Walton Gym Club won county and regional honours at a superb weekend of competitions.
Yazmin Minton pulled off a sensational performance in the Eastern Region Level Four Out of Age Voluntary Championships by scooping the overall title against top opposition from Huntingdon, Sapphire and Carousel.
Yazmin's score of 45.25 entitles her to move up to compete at Level Three next year.
Sunday saw the Cambridgeshire County Apparatus Championships with 10 gymnasts from West Walton competing.
You may also want to watch:
All performed superbly and seven gymnasts were selected to represent Cambridgeshire in the Regional Finals.
They are: Grace Hutton (8-10 years age group), who received Gold on floor and vault, also selected for bars finals.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
Emma Moffat (8-10 years age group), who received Silver on floor.
Jessica Clarke (8-10 years age group), who received a Silver on floor.
Hollie Rackley (11-12 years age group), who received Silver on vault, bronze on floor, also selected for beam finals.
Sophie Moffat (11-12 years age group) has been selected for floor, vault and beam finals.
Jessica Parsons (13+ years age group), received silver on vault.
Craig May (11-12 years age group), received Gold on vault, Bronze on bars, p-bars and floor.
Head coach Stewart Harrison said: "This club continues to grow from strength to strength and this was a fantastic achievement for us."
INFO: West Walton Gym Club always welcomes new members. For more information, contact Mr Harrison on 07885 983312.