March Town FC boosted by the return of club stalwart
- Credit: Archant
March Town have been boosted on and off the pitch by the return of a club stalwart.
The club announced that captain Max Mattless has recovered from a lengthy injury absence and will return for the 2020-21 season.
Mattless has been out of action since the start of last season after picking up a knee injury, followed by an operation in February.
While not being able to affect matters on the pitch, he has since been assisting Hares boss Arran Duke off it, guiding the team into the top four of Thurlow Nunn League First Division North and two cup finals before the campaign was curtailed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking on the return of his skipper, Duke said: “It’s a huge boost for the whole squad to see him returning as he’s a real leader within the group.
“It’s like a new signing having him back on the playing side.”
You may also want to watch:
March have also strengthened in attack with the signing of Downham Town and former King’s Lynn forward Jack Frohawk.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit