March Town FC boosted by the return of club stalwart
- Credit: Archant
March Town have been boosted on and off the pitch by the return of a club stalwart.
The club announced that captain Max Mattless has recovered from a lengthy injury absence and will return for the 2020-21 season.
Mattless has been out of action since the start of last season after picking up a knee injury, followed by an operation in February.
While not being able to affect matters on the pitch, he has since been assisting Hares boss Arran Duke off it, guiding the team into the top four of Thurlow Nunn League First Division North and two cup finals before the campaign was curtailed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Speaking on the return of his skipper, Duke said: “It’s a huge boost for the whole squad to see him returning as he’s a real leader within the group.
“It’s like a new signing having him back on the playing side.”
You may also want to watch:
March have also strengthened in attack with the signing of Downham Town and former King’s Lynn forward Jack Frohawk.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile