Hares face almost month out of action after Downham Town call off
- Credit: Archant
March Town United are set to go almost a month without a game after their second straight call off.
The Hares were meant to host Downham Town on Saturday but the game was called off due to a flooded pitch.
The previous week, Team Bury postponed the game for the same reason, so March’s last game was a 4-0 win at Stowmarket Town on December 13, which was their fourth win on the bounce.
March’s next game is at King’s Lynn Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on January 10.
The Hares will be missing top scorer Dan Woods and key midfielder Lewis McManus through suspension.
You may also want to watch:
March begin 2015 fifth in the league, level on points with fourth place Swaffham Town and only one point behind third place Debenham LC.
Reflecting on the first half of the season, manager Chris Bartlett said: “We’ve done an enormous amount of work on the structure and mentality throughout the team and I feel we’re heading in the right direction.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
“It’s been a pretty decent first half of the season.”