Hares face almost month out of action after Downham Town call off
- Credit: Archant
March Town United are set to go almost a month without a game after their second straight call off.
The Hares were meant to host Downham Town on Saturday but the game was called off due to a flooded pitch.
The previous week, Team Bury postponed the game for the same reason, so March’s last game was a 4-0 win at Stowmarket Town on December 13, which was their fourth win on the bounce.
March’s next game is at King’s Lynn Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on January 10.
The Hares will be missing top scorer Dan Woods and key midfielder Lewis McManus through suspension.
You may also want to watch:
March begin 2015 fifth in the league, level on points with fourth place Swaffham Town and only one point behind third place Debenham LC.
Reflecting on the first half of the season, manager Chris Bartlett said: “We’ve done an enormous amount of work on the structure and mentality throughout the team and I feel we’re heading in the right direction.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
“It’s been a pretty decent first half of the season.”