Hares face almost month out of action after Downham Town call off
- Credit: Archant
March Town United are set to go almost a month without a game after their second straight call off.
The Hares were meant to host Downham Town on Saturday but the game was called off due to a flooded pitch.
The previous week, Team Bury postponed the game for the same reason, so March’s last game was a 4-0 win at Stowmarket Town on December 13, which was their fourth win on the bounce.
March’s next game is at King’s Lynn Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on January 10.
The Hares will be missing top scorer Dan Woods and key midfielder Lewis McManus through suspension.
You may also want to watch:
March begin 2015 fifth in the league, level on points with fourth place Swaffham Town and only one point behind third place Debenham LC.
Reflecting on the first half of the season, manager Chris Bartlett said: “We’ve done an enormous amount of work on the structure and mentality throughout the team and I feel we’re heading in the right direction.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
“It’s been a pretty decent first half of the season.”