Hares face almost month out of action after Downham Town call off
- Credit: Archant
March Town United are set to go almost a month without a game after their second straight call off.
The Hares were meant to host Downham Town on Saturday but the game was called off due to a flooded pitch.
The previous week, Team Bury postponed the game for the same reason, so March’s last game was a 4-0 win at Stowmarket Town on December 13, which was their fourth win on the bounce.
March’s next game is at King’s Lynn Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on January 10.
The Hares will be missing top scorer Dan Woods and key midfielder Lewis McManus through suspension.
March begin 2015 fifth in the league, level on points with fourth place Swaffham Town and only one point behind third place Debenham LC.
Reflecting on the first half of the season, manager Chris Bartlett said: “We’ve done an enormous amount of work on the structure and mentality throughout the team and I feel we’re heading in the right direction.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 5 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 8 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 9 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 10 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
“It’s been a pretty decent first half of the season.”