Hares face almost month out of action after Downham Town call off
- Credit: Archant
March Town United are set to go almost a month without a game after their second straight call off.
The Hares were meant to host Downham Town on Saturday but the game was called off due to a flooded pitch.
The previous week, Team Bury postponed the game for the same reason, so March’s last game was a 4-0 win at Stowmarket Town on December 13, which was their fourth win on the bounce.
March’s next game is at King’s Lynn Town Reserves in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on January 10.
The Hares will be missing top scorer Dan Woods and key midfielder Lewis McManus through suspension.
March begin 2015 fifth in the league, level on points with fourth place Swaffham Town and only one point behind third place Debenham LC.
Reflecting on the first half of the season, manager Chris Bartlett said: “We’ve done an enormous amount of work on the structure and mentality throughout the team and I feel we’re heading in the right direction.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration
“It’s been a pretty decent first half of the season.”