March Town Ladies ease to victory in pre-season opener following lockdown
- Credit: Archant
March Town Ladies returned to action in style, despite missing several key players.
The Hares romped to a 7-1 win over Brampton Ladies in their first friendly of the season on Sunday, August 9, new signings Josie Turner and Chloe Stanborough netting twice.
It was March who took the lead thanks to Turner’s close-range effort as good work on the left-wing led to a second courtesy of Yazmin Holmes’ strike from 20 yards, before Stanborough tapped home an Eleanor McLeish cross to lead 3-1 at half-time.
McLeish added to the scoresheet after the break before another new signing, Kelsey Ramm, fired home a Louise Billingham cross.
Turner then scored her second and Stanborough netted her double from a corner 10 minutes from time.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Davis, manager of March Town Ladies FC, said: “It was a good performance with some excellent passing and moving throughout the game, especially considering some of the players hadn’t played together.”
March play Histon Ladies in their next fixture at Estover Park on Sunday, August 16 (2pm).
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
Davis’ side have also been accepted into the Women’s FA Cup for the 2020-21 season, and will play in an extra preliminary round tie on Sunday, September 6.