Hares setting up women’s team and six new junior sides
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United is looking to the future with the announcement that they are setting up seven new teams in the summer.
The Hares, who currently field a first team, reserve team and under 14s side, will form six extra junior sides and a women’s team.
They will be represented in the following age groups: under 7s, under 8s, under 9s, under 13s and under 15s.
They will also enter an under 18 team in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League.
Chairman Phil White said: “It is a massive move for the club. Young players are the future of the club and when we are all dead they will hopefully be bringing us success.
“We are making great strides and everything should soon be finalised for our new clubhouse, which has generated a lot of interest in the club.”
The football club received planning permission for a £140,000 clubhouse at the GER in Febraury.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 5 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
The Hares, who are keen to build closer links the community, will run junior soccer schools during the summer holidays and in August the GER will host to a three day Peterborough United Soccer School.
White paid tribute to Hares boss Paul Crosbie for his tireless work during a difficult season.
He said: “The board is over the moon with what Paul has done.
“Our last manager left and took all the players with him so he has done an amazing job getting us back on track.
“We could not wish for better.”