Hares setting up women’s team and six new junior sides
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United is looking to the future with the announcement that they are setting up seven new teams in the summer.
The Hares, who currently field a first team, reserve team and under 14s side, will form six extra junior sides and a women’s team.
They will be represented in the following age groups: under 7s, under 8s, under 9s, under 13s and under 15s.
They will also enter an under 18 team in the Thurlow Nunn Youth League.
Chairman Phil White said: “It is a massive move for the club. Young players are the future of the club and when we are all dead they will hopefully be bringing us success.
You may also want to watch:
“We are making great strides and everything should soon be finalised for our new clubhouse, which has generated a lot of interest in the club.”
The football club received planning permission for a £140,000 clubhouse at the GER in Febraury.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
The Hares, who are keen to build closer links the community, will run junior soccer schools during the summer holidays and in August the GER will host to a three day Peterborough United Soccer School.
White paid tribute to Hares boss Paul Crosbie for his tireless work during a difficult season.
He said: “The board is over the moon with what Paul has done.
“Our last manager left and took all the players with him so he has done an amazing job getting us back on track.
“We could not wish for better.”