Hares to appoint new team
MARCH Town United chairman Gary Wesley expects to appoint a new management team within the next week. The Hares finished bottom of the Ridgeons First Division following Saturday s 3-2 defeat at second-placed Haverhill Rovers but the arrivals of a new mana
MARCH Town United chairman Gary Wesley expects to appoint a new management team within the next week.
The Hares finished bottom of the Ridgeons First Division following Saturday's 3-2 defeat at second-placed Haverhill Rovers but the arrivals of a new manager and coach will be a welcome boost.
Wesley said: "We are holding four interviews in total and these will take place on Monday and Tuesday. We will be aiming to make a final decision soon after that."
Wesley has always insisted that the job is too much for one person and he revealed: "Three of the interviews are from joint applicants."
You may also want to watch:
The Hares brought the curtain down on their season against promotion-chasing Haverhill and were made to pay for a slow start, in which the home side scored three goals in the opening 15 minutes.
But a goal in each half from Mark Newton and Lawrie Brand brought March back into the game and they had chances to get something from the game late on.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
Wesley said: "We were ready to declare after that first 15 minutes but the response from the players was absolutely superb.