Hares to appoint new team
MARCH Town United chairman Gary Wesley expects to appoint a new management team within the next week. The Hares finished bottom of the Ridgeons First Division following Saturday s 3-2 defeat at second-placed Haverhill Rovers but the arrivals of a new mana
MARCH Town United chairman Gary Wesley expects to appoint a new management team within the next week.
The Hares finished bottom of the Ridgeons First Division following Saturday's 3-2 defeat at second-placed Haverhill Rovers but the arrivals of a new manager and coach will be a welcome boost.
Wesley said: "We are holding four interviews in total and these will take place on Monday and Tuesday. We will be aiming to make a final decision soon after that."
Wesley has always insisted that the job is too much for one person and he revealed: "Three of the interviews are from joint applicants."
You may also want to watch:
The Hares brought the curtain down on their season against promotion-chasing Haverhill and were made to pay for a slow start, in which the home side scored three goals in the opening 15 minutes.
But a goal in each half from Mark Newton and Lawrie Brand brought March back into the game and they had chances to get something from the game late on.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
Wesley said: "We were ready to declare after that first 15 minutes but the response from the players was absolutely superb.