Harry's the hero gor high-fliers
DODDINGTON first team remain top of CCA Senior Division Three after their six-wicket victory at Linton on Saturday. The home side scored a respectable 222 all out after facing fine bowling performances from Jamie Long (3-46), Mathew Bamford (3-52), Antony
DODDINGTON first team remain top of CCA Senior Division Three after their six-wicket victory at Linton on Saturday.
The home side scored a respectable 222 all out after facing fine bowling performances from Jamie Long (3-46), Mathew Bamford (3-52), Antony Bamford (2-26) and James Harradine (2-59).
However, the visitors were put on the road to victory thanks to a wonderful 150 not out from opening batsman Harry Vaheesan.
Doddington continued their good work on Sunday when they beat Warboys in the Fenland Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Another good team bowling display from Ivan Burgess (5-40), Jake Wenman (2-29) and James Welcher (2-38) limited the visitors to a score of 187 all out.
The total proved no problem for Doddington as Barrie Carter (58), Rob Moden (50) and Mathew Bamford (39) guided their team to victory after 41.2 overs.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Elections 2021: What will happen when you cast your vote
But it was not good news for Doddington II on Saturday when they suffered a heavy defeat to Ely and Haddenham in CCA Junior Division Three.
Despite the efforts of Bob Burgess (3-44) and Adam Costall (1-34), the visitors set an imposing score of 253.
Doddington never got close to their target and Kevin Smith (39) proved to be the top scorer as the home side were dismissed for 119.