Harry's the hero gor high-fliers
DODDINGTON first team remain top of CCA Senior Division Three after their six-wicket victory at Linton on Saturday. The home side scored a respectable 222 all out after facing fine bowling performances from Jamie Long (3-46), Mathew Bamford (3-52), Antony
DODDINGTON first team remain top of CCA Senior Division Three after their six-wicket victory at Linton on Saturday.
The home side scored a respectable 222 all out after facing fine bowling performances from Jamie Long (3-46), Mathew Bamford (3-52), Antony Bamford (2-26) and James Harradine (2-59).
However, the visitors were put on the road to victory thanks to a wonderful 150 not out from opening batsman Harry Vaheesan.
Doddington continued their good work on Sunday when they beat Warboys in the Fenland Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Another good team bowling display from Ivan Burgess (5-40), Jake Wenman (2-29) and James Welcher (2-38) limited the visitors to a score of 187 all out.
The total proved no problem for Doddington as Barrie Carter (58), Rob Moden (50) and Mathew Bamford (39) guided their team to victory after 41.2 overs.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
But it was not good news for Doddington II on Saturday when they suffered a heavy defeat to Ely and Haddenham in CCA Junior Division Three.
Despite the efforts of Bob Burgess (3-44) and Adam Costall (1-34), the visitors set an imposing score of 253.
Doddington never got close to their target and Kevin Smith (39) proved to be the top scorer as the home side were dismissed for 119.