Hat-trick hero Ogbonna fires Wisbech Town to 3-2 victory over promotion rivals Gorleston
DUBI Ogbonna’s classy hat-trick helped Wisbech Town secure a vital 3-2 victory over promotion rivals Gorleston.
The striker took his league tally to seven goals in six games with another impressive performance for the Fenmen on Saturday.
He got his first of the day in the 10th minute to cancel out Gorleston’s seventh-minute opener.
A second Ogbonna strike put Wisbech ahead at the break before he completed his hat-trick early in the second half.
Gorleston got one back to set up a tight finish but the Fenmen held on to go second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech host Fen rivals March Town United in the preliminary round of the Red Insure League Cup on Tuesday night. The Hares will be looking to avenge the 8-1 pre-season thrashing they suffered at the hands of their neighbours in July.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby has also confirmed the signature of goalkeeper Ricky Lovelace as cover for the injured Lea Jordan.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
Jordan is likely to be out for two weeks with a torn abductor muscle and with number two Tom Roberts also sidelined with a broken ankle, Lovelace will deputise.