HOCKEY: March men get it Wright with another win, while Hana hits hat-trick as ladies triumph
- Credit: Archant
March Town 1sts extended their perfect start to the East League season last Saturday.
A rip-roaring start and a second-half turnaround enable the locals to claim a third successive Division Three North-West triumph when beating Cambridge City Vets 4-2.
Ryan Wright put March ahead after just 23 seconds, but they found themselves behind at half-time.
David Hodson levelled early in the second half from a short corner before turning provider for Ben Wright to put them back ahead. The same player then completed the scoring by extending March’s advantage.
March 2nds collected a first win of the Division Five North-West campaign when thrashing St Neots 4ths 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
And the club’s ladies team made it a hat-trick of victories when also opening their East Women’s League account.
A fantastic team performance allowed them to see off Bury St Edmunds 3rds by a 5-0 scoreline in Division Three North-West.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
A couple of carbon copy goals – created by Carly Stevenson and finished by Hana Howsam – put March in the driving seat and the same duo combined again as Howsam completed her hat-trick before the break.
Sarah Hussey added a fourth goal in the second half before Stevenson laid on a fifth for Charlotte Tweed.