HOCKEY: March men get it Wright with another win, while Hana hits hat-trick as ladies triumph
- Credit: Archant
March Town 1sts extended their perfect start to the East League season last Saturday.
A rip-roaring start and a second-half turnaround enable the locals to claim a third successive Division Three North-West triumph when beating Cambridge City Vets 4-2.
Ryan Wright put March ahead after just 23 seconds, but they found themselves behind at half-time.
David Hodson levelled early in the second half from a short corner before turning provider for Ben Wright to put them back ahead. The same player then completed the scoring by extending March’s advantage.
March 2nds collected a first win of the Division Five North-West campaign when thrashing St Neots 4ths 5-1.
And the club’s ladies team made it a hat-trick of victories when also opening their East Women’s League account.
A fantastic team performance allowed them to see off Bury St Edmunds 3rds by a 5-0 scoreline in Division Three North-West.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
A couple of carbon copy goals – created by Carly Stevenson and finished by Hana Howsam – put March in the driving seat and the same duo combined again as Howsam completed her hat-trick before the break.
Sarah Hussey added a fourth goal in the second half before Stevenson laid on a fifth for Charlotte Tweed.