HOCKEY: March men get it Wright with another win, while Hana hits hat-trick as ladies triumph
- Credit: Archant
March Town 1sts extended their perfect start to the East League season last Saturday.
A rip-roaring start and a second-half turnaround enable the locals to claim a third successive Division Three North-West triumph when beating Cambridge City Vets 4-2.
Ryan Wright put March ahead after just 23 seconds, but they found themselves behind at half-time.
David Hodson levelled early in the second half from a short corner before turning provider for Ben Wright to put them back ahead. The same player then completed the scoring by extending March’s advantage.
March 2nds collected a first win of the Division Five North-West campaign when thrashing St Neots 4ths 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
And the club’s ladies team made it a hat-trick of victories when also opening their East Women’s League account.
A fantastic team performance allowed them to see off Bury St Edmunds 3rds by a 5-0 scoreline in Division Three North-West.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
A couple of carbon copy goals – created by Carly Stevenson and finished by Hana Howsam – put March in the driving seat and the same duo combined again as Howsam completed her hat-trick before the break.
Sarah Hussey added a fourth goal in the second half before Stevenson laid on a fifth for Charlotte Tweed.