HOCKEY: March men get it Wright with another win, while Hana hits hat-trick as ladies triumph
- Credit: Archant
March Town 1sts extended their perfect start to the East League season last Saturday.
A rip-roaring start and a second-half turnaround enable the locals to claim a third successive Division Three North-West triumph when beating Cambridge City Vets 4-2.
Ryan Wright put March ahead after just 23 seconds, but they found themselves behind at half-time.
David Hodson levelled early in the second half from a short corner before turning provider for Ben Wright to put them back ahead. The same player then completed the scoring by extending March’s advantage.
March 2nds collected a first win of the Division Five North-West campaign when thrashing St Neots 4ths 5-1.
You may also want to watch:
And the club’s ladies team made it a hat-trick of victories when also opening their East Women’s League account.
A fantastic team performance allowed them to see off Bury St Edmunds 3rds by a 5-0 scoreline in Division Three North-West.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
A couple of carbon copy goals – created by Carly Stevenson and finished by Hana Howsam – put March in the driving seat and the same duo combined again as Howsam completed her hat-trick before the break.
Sarah Hussey added a fourth goal in the second half before Stevenson laid on a fifth for Charlotte Tweed.