Players get back into the groove as hockey returns to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town Hockey Club got back into the groove following a lengthy lay-off.
The club held a ‘back to play’ day at their Harecroft Road home on Saturday, September 5, where junior and senior teams played in an in-house tournament.
In the morning, the juniors were in action while the ladies’ teams did battle against one another.
The men’s team also got involved with the ladies’ 1sts against a strong men’s veterans side, where the men ran out comfortable winners.
A fun-filled day was wrapped up when the men’s 3rds and 4ths faced each other.
You may also want to watch:
A club spokesperson said: “It was brilliant to see everyone playing once again. All current Covid guidelines were in place and adhered to throughout the day’s activities and thanks go to all involved.”
Clubs are allowed to play either inter-club or friendly matches in accordance with step four of England Hockey’s ‘return to play’ guidance.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
All junior training takes place between 9-10am on Saturdays; men’s and ladies’ training starts at 6.45pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information on the club’s Covid guidelines and track and trace policy, message men’s captain Jason Mallett or ladies’ captain Jo Gomm through the club’s Facebook page.
For further details on how to join, visit Wisbech Town Hockey Club’s Facebook page.