Hockey players back in training
PRE-SEASON training for the March Town Hockey Club senior teams will begin next week. New players are welcome to attend the men s training sessions, which begin on Tuesday, August 14 (7pm to 9pm) and the ladies team training, which starts on Thursday, Au
PRE-SEASON training for the March Town Hockey Club senior teams will begin next week.
New players are welcome to attend the men's training sessions, which begin on Tuesday, August 14 (7pm to 9pm) and the ladies' team training, which starts on Thursday, August 16 (7pm to 9pm).
Training will take place at Neale-Wade Community College every week until Christmas.
March Hockey Club are seeking new goalkeepers, particularly in the ladies' section, and qualified and non-qualified umpires.
Anyone wishing to get involved should contact men's first team captain Neil Liversedge or ladies' first team captain Anna Whittome.
More information is also available from the club's website www.marchtownhc.co.uk
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- TEAM captains and club officials were confirmed at March Hockey Club's annual meeting.
Those elected were: President - Ray Pescud; chairman - Neil Liversedge; vice chairman - Adam Triggs; secretary - Rachel Howsam; treasurer - Ray Pescud; fixture secretary (ladies) - Tracy Liversedge; fixture secretary (men) - Samantha Triggs; umpire liaison officer: Neil Liversedge (to be confirmed); press officer - Alan Hearn; junior girls representative Katie Rodger; junior boys representative - Jacob Fraser; ladies first XI captain - Anna Whittome; ladies first XI vice captain - Lauren Oakman; ladies second XI captain - Cath Fryett; ladies second XI vice captain - Petrina Cartwright; ladies third XI captain - TBA; ladies third XI vice captain - TBA; men's first XI captain - Neil Liversedge; men's first XI vice captain - Hugh Whittome; men's second XI captain - TBA; men's second XI vice captain - TBA; men's third XI captain - Sid Dickinson; men's third XI vice captain - Nick King; men's fourth XI captain - Ian Winter; men's fourth XI vice captain - Luke Barton; men's fifth XI manager - Wendy Fox; men's fifth XI vice captain - Scott Bamford; Zulus ladies captain - TBA; Zulus men's captain - Rob Mitchell. Committee members: Alan Hearn, Gary Howsam, Angie Rodger, Libby Nokes and two to add. Junior section: Chairman Gary Howsam; secretary - Rachel Howsam; treasurer - Nikki Birt.