Hockey players back in training
PRE-SEASON training for the March Town Hockey Club senior teams will begin next week. New players are welcome to attend the men s training sessions, which begin on Tuesday, August 14 (7pm to 9pm) and the ladies team training, which starts on Thursday, Au
PRE-SEASON training for the March Town Hockey Club senior teams will begin next week.
New players are welcome to attend the men's training sessions, which begin on Tuesday, August 14 (7pm to 9pm) and the ladies' team training, which starts on Thursday, August 16 (7pm to 9pm).
Training will take place at Neale-Wade Community College every week until Christmas.
March Hockey Club are seeking new goalkeepers, particularly in the ladies' section, and qualified and non-qualified umpires.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to get involved should contact men's first team captain Neil Liversedge or ladies' first team captain Anna Whittome.
More information is also available from the club's website www.marchtownhc.co.uk
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- TEAM captains and club officials were confirmed at March Hockey Club's annual meeting.
Those elected were: President - Ray Pescud; chairman - Neil Liversedge; vice chairman - Adam Triggs; secretary - Rachel Howsam; treasurer - Ray Pescud; fixture secretary (ladies) - Tracy Liversedge; fixture secretary (men) - Samantha Triggs; umpire liaison officer: Neil Liversedge (to be confirmed); press officer - Alan Hearn; junior girls representative Katie Rodger; junior boys representative - Jacob Fraser; ladies first XI captain - Anna Whittome; ladies first XI vice captain - Lauren Oakman; ladies second XI captain - Cath Fryett; ladies second XI vice captain - Petrina Cartwright; ladies third XI captain - TBA; ladies third XI vice captain - TBA; men's first XI captain - Neil Liversedge; men's first XI vice captain - Hugh Whittome; men's second XI captain - TBA; men's second XI vice captain - TBA; men's third XI captain - Sid Dickinson; men's third XI vice captain - Nick King; men's fourth XI captain - Ian Winter; men's fourth XI vice captain - Luke Barton; men's fifth XI manager - Wendy Fox; men's fifth XI vice captain - Scott Bamford; Zulus ladies captain - TBA; Zulus men's captain - Rob Mitchell. Committee members: Alan Hearn, Gary Howsam, Angie Rodger, Libby Nokes and two to add. Junior section: Chairman Gary Howsam; secretary - Rachel Howsam; treasurer - Nikki Birt.