Hockey round-up: All but one March side lose to City of Peterborough’s teams
ALL but one of March’s sides tasted defeat against their City of Peterborough counterparts last weekend. The men’s fourth XI were the only side to pick up a win while the first XI drew 4-4 at Norwich City II.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Norwich City II 4 March 4
Scott Welcher, Andrew Mills and Ash Welland had put March 3-1 up but the side pressed the self-destruct and conceded three quick goals. Rob Mitchell’s fourth goal in as many games rescued a point for the visitors.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
You may also want to watch:
March II 4 City of Peterborough IV 5
A thrilling encounter saw both sides create a number of opportunities as Peterborough clawed their way back from being 2-0 down. March’s goals were shared across their frontline but Simon Coe was man of the match for his stout defending.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 9 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
City of Peterborough 4 March III 2
Peterborough’s ‘keeper made a number of saves to keep his side in the game and they clinched victory with two late goals. March’s goalscorers were man of the match Brian Fox and Matt Bamford.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West (South)
March IV 3 City of Peterborough VIII 1
Josh Reed broke the deadlock for March but Peterborough equalised through Duncan Seaton’s penalty flick. A rare strike from Philip Christie put March back in front after the break and Neil Holdsworth scored a breakaway goal to secure the victory.
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
March 1 City of Peterborough IV 3