Hockey round-up: All but one March side lose to City of Peterborough’s teams
ALL but one of March’s sides tasted defeat against their City of Peterborough counterparts last weekend. The men’s fourth XI were the only side to pick up a win while the first XI drew 4-4 at Norwich City II.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Norwich City II 4 March 4
Scott Welcher, Andrew Mills and Ash Welland had put March 3-1 up but the side pressed the self-destruct and conceded three quick goals. Rob Mitchell’s fourth goal in as many games rescued a point for the visitors.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
You may also want to watch:
March II 4 City of Peterborough IV 5
A thrilling encounter saw both sides create a number of opportunities as Peterborough clawed their way back from being 2-0 down. March’s goals were shared across their frontline but Simon Coe was man of the match for his stout defending.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
City of Peterborough 4 March III 2
Peterborough’s ‘keeper made a number of saves to keep his side in the game and they clinched victory with two late goals. March’s goalscorers were man of the match Brian Fox and Matt Bamford.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West (South)
March IV 3 City of Peterborough VIII 1
Josh Reed broke the deadlock for March but Peterborough equalised through Duncan Seaton’s penalty flick. A rare strike from Philip Christie put March back in front after the break and Neil Holdsworth scored a breakaway goal to secure the victory.
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
March 1 City of Peterborough IV 3