Hockey round-up: Excellent weekend for March’s hockey sides as all but one team taste victory
IT was a fine weekend for March’s hockey sides as all but one team tasted victory.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Harleston Magpies III 1 March 3
TABLE-topping March picked up another fine victory on the road as they continued their promotion charge. Jody Betts, Jacob Fraser and Rob Mitchell returned to boost the visitor’s chances and it was Betts who set up Ed Batt to put March in front. Harleston equalised while March were down to 10 after Ashley Welland picked up a yellow card for lifting his stick above head height. However, Betts restored his side’s lead almost immediately and Mark Patrick added a third to wrap up the win. Man of the match - Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge South III 1 March III 3
TOP-scorer Brian Fox opened the scoring before his son Stuart made it 2-0. The home side pulled one back after the break but Dan Shirley put March out of reach with his first, and his side’s third of the game. Man of the match - Martin Todd.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March II 0 Cambridge South 4
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West (South)
March IV 7 Rutland IV 2
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
City of Peterborough IV 0 March 2