Hockey round-up: Excellent weekend for March’s hockey sides as all but one team taste victory
IT was a fine weekend for March’s hockey sides as all but one team tasted victory.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Harleston Magpies III 1 March 3
TABLE-topping March picked up another fine victory on the road as they continued their promotion charge. Jody Betts, Jacob Fraser and Rob Mitchell returned to boost the visitor’s chances and it was Betts who set up Ed Batt to put March in front. Harleston equalised while March were down to 10 after Ashley Welland picked up a yellow card for lifting his stick above head height. However, Betts restored his side’s lead almost immediately and Mark Patrick added a third to wrap up the win. Man of the match - Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge South III 1 March III 3
TOP-scorer Brian Fox opened the scoring before his son Stuart made it 2-0. The home side pulled one back after the break but Dan Shirley put March out of reach with his first, and his side’s third of the game. Man of the match - Martin Todd.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March II 0 Cambridge South 4
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West (South)
March IV 7 Rutland IV 2
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
City of Peterborough IV 0 March 2