Hockey round-up: Goal-machine Fountain helps March thump Wisbech in Fenland derby
GOAL-MACHINE James Fountain smashed four goals as March Town men’s third team enjoyed a thumping 7-3 derby win over Wisbech IV at the weekend.
Fountain opened the scoring inside two minutes as Wisbech struggled to keep up with free-flowing March.
Ben Wright doubled his side’s advantage just two minutes later with both team’s ‘keepers making fine saves to leave the score at 2-0 at half time.
Fountain started the second half in the same vein completing his third hat-trick of the season before Wright bagged two more to notch his first-ever treble for March.
Wisbech pulled three goals back in the closing stages but Fountain had the last laugh by bagging his fourth to complete the rout.
You may also want to watch:
• DAVID Hazelgrave smashed a hat-trick as March men’s first team continued their fine start to life in Division One by trouncing Ipswich II 7-3.
Ash Welland, Matt Wallis, Rob Mitchell and Grant Gilmour also found the scoresheet for March.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
• DEBUTANT David Woods shone for March men’s II but was unable to prevent his side from slipping to a 3-1 defeat at Spalding II. Gary Howsam scored for March.
• CHAIRMAN Neil Liversedge scored as March men’s IV put in a promising display against City of Peterborough VIII despite losing 3-1.
• MARCH ladies lost 2-1 at home to St Ives III.