Hockey round-up: Last-gasp fightback preserves March Town men’s first team’s unbeaten run
UNBEATEN March Town men’s first team continued their incredible start to life in division one by fighting back from two goals down to claim a point against Cambridge City II.
March preserved their unbeaten record when a last-gasp equaliser from Grant Gilmour netted them a 2-2 draw and left them fourth in the table.
The in-form side had found themselves two goals down at the break but Scott Welcher’s finish and Gilmour’s late strike rescued a dramatic point.
• AN IMPRESSIVE debut from Martin Todd and a man-of-the-match performance from Hugh Whittome were not enough to prevent March II falling to a 4-0 defeat against Horncastle.
• JAMES Fountain’s second hat-trick of the season inspired March III to a 5-1 thrashing of Spalding III.
The striker continued his fine form, with Ryan Wright and Toby Odlin also finding the net for March.
• MARCH IV cruised to a 4-2 win over rivals Ely City IV.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 4 Jury deliberates in trial of driver accused of causing baby’s death
- 5 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 9 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
Neal Holdsworth powered home March’s opener before Richard Kitson doubled their lead early in the second half.
Any hope of an Ely comeback was crushed when Piers Kitson and captain Neil Liversedge fired home two more goals to seal an impressive victory.