Hockey round-up: Last-gasp fightback preserves March Town men’s first team’s unbeaten run
UNBEATEN March Town men’s first team continued their incredible start to life in division one by fighting back from two goals down to claim a point against Cambridge City II.
March preserved their unbeaten record when a last-gasp equaliser from Grant Gilmour netted them a 2-2 draw and left them fourth in the table.
The in-form side had found themselves two goals down at the break but Scott Welcher’s finish and Gilmour’s late strike rescued a dramatic point.
• AN IMPRESSIVE debut from Martin Todd and a man-of-the-match performance from Hugh Whittome were not enough to prevent March II falling to a 4-0 defeat against Horncastle.
• JAMES Fountain’s second hat-trick of the season inspired March III to a 5-1 thrashing of Spalding III.
You may also want to watch:
The striker continued his fine form, with Ryan Wright and Toby Odlin also finding the net for March.
• MARCH IV cruised to a 4-2 win over rivals Ely City IV.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
Neal Holdsworth powered home March’s opener before Richard Kitson doubled their lead early in the second half.
Any hope of an Ely comeback was crushed when Piers Kitson and captain Neil Liversedge fired home two more goals to seal an impressive victory.