Hockey round-up: Last-gasp fightback preserves March Town men’s first team’s unbeaten run
UNBEATEN March Town men’s first team continued their incredible start to life in division one by fighting back from two goals down to claim a point against Cambridge City II.
March preserved their unbeaten record when a last-gasp equaliser from Grant Gilmour netted them a 2-2 draw and left them fourth in the table.
The in-form side had found themselves two goals down at the break but Scott Welcher’s finish and Gilmour’s late strike rescued a dramatic point.
• AN IMPRESSIVE debut from Martin Todd and a man-of-the-match performance from Hugh Whittome were not enough to prevent March II falling to a 4-0 defeat against Horncastle.
• JAMES Fountain’s second hat-trick of the season inspired March III to a 5-1 thrashing of Spalding III.
You may also want to watch:
The striker continued his fine form, with Ryan Wright and Toby Odlin also finding the net for March.
• MARCH IV cruised to a 4-2 win over rivals Ely City IV.
- 1 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 2 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
Neal Holdsworth powered home March’s opener before Richard Kitson doubled their lead early in the second half.
Any hope of an Ely comeback was crushed when Piers Kitson and captain Neil Liversedge fired home two more goals to seal an impressive victory.