Hockey round-up: March sides hit the net 27 times as club enjoys goal-crazy weekend
MARCH men’s and women’s first team smashed seven goals while the fourths hit Ely for eight in a goal-filled weekend for the town’s hockey teams.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Market Deeping 1 v March 7
ROB Mitchell hit his second consecutive hat-trick as March romped to a 7-1 win at Market Deeping to remain top of the league. Matt Wallis, Ash Welland, Ed Batt and James Mansfield notched goals to complete the rout. March have scored 15 goals in two games and have won their last six games.
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
You may also want to watch:
March 7 Wisbech III 0
MARCH thumped Wisbech 7-0 in this derby despite the best efforts of visiting ‘keeper Abbie Marshall who made several great saves to prevent March reaching double figures.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Market Deeping III 0 March III 4
MARCH picked up a fine away win despite only playing with 10 men. A Dan Shirley double and goals from Toby Fox and Ben Wright secured March’s victory.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West (South)
Ely City IV 4 March IV 8
PAUL Wing smashed four goals as March hit Ely - who started with nine men - with eight goals. Dan Wallis (2), Steve Birt and Andy Bull were March’s other scorers.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Rutland 5