Hockey round-up: March sides hit the net 27 times as club enjoys goal-crazy weekend
MARCH men’s and women’s first team smashed seven goals while the fourths hit Ely for eight in a goal-filled weekend for the town’s hockey teams.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Market Deeping 1 v March 7
ROB Mitchell hit his second consecutive hat-trick as March romped to a 7-1 win at Market Deeping to remain top of the league. Matt Wallis, Ash Welland, Ed Batt and James Mansfield notched goals to complete the rout. March have scored 15 goals in two games and have won their last six games.
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
You may also want to watch:
March 7 Wisbech III 0
MARCH thumped Wisbech 7-0 in this derby despite the best efforts of visiting ‘keeper Abbie Marshall who made several great saves to prevent March reaching double figures.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Market Deeping III 0 March III 4
MARCH picked up a fine away win despite only playing with 10 men. A Dan Shirley double and goals from Toby Fox and Ben Wright secured March’s victory.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West (South)
Ely City IV 4 March IV 8
PAUL Wing smashed four goals as March hit Ely - who started with nine men - with eight goals. Dan Wallis (2), Steve Birt and Andy Bull were March’s other scorers.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Rutland 5