Hockey round-up: March Town Hockey Club’s ladies lose third game in a row
MARCH Town Hockey Club’s ladies first team remain winless after losing their third consecutive game 3-1 at Cambridge South II despite a battling display.
Newly-promoted March - now playing in Cambridgeshire Ladies’ League Division One - showed great team spirit after going 2-0 down within 10 minutes.
March pulled a goal back when Lisa Marston shot was saved and Kath Fryett stroked the rebound home. However, Cambridge continued their dominance after the break and wrapped up their win with a deserved third goal.
Nancy Brownlow and Flicity Allen were joint players of the match.
• March men’s II lost their final pre-season game 4-2 at Long Sutton II.
You may also want to watch:
March went behind against the run of play and conceded a second before Charlie Boughton pulled one back.
Andy Wright equalised but Sutton bagged two further goals to clinch the friendly victory.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 9 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards