Hockey round-up: March Town Hockey Club’s ladies lose third game in a row
MARCH Town Hockey Club’s ladies first team remain winless after losing their third consecutive game 3-1 at Cambridge South II despite a battling display.
Newly-promoted March - now playing in Cambridgeshire Ladies’ League Division One - showed great team spirit after going 2-0 down within 10 minutes.
March pulled a goal back when Lisa Marston shot was saved and Kath Fryett stroked the rebound home. However, Cambridge continued their dominance after the break and wrapped up their win with a deserved third goal.
Nancy Brownlow and Flicity Allen were joint players of the match.
• March men’s II lost their final pre-season game 4-2 at Long Sutton II.
March went behind against the run of play and conceded a second before Charlie Boughton pulled one back.
Andy Wright equalised but Sutton bagged two further goals to clinch the friendly victory.
- 1 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 8 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman