Hockey round-up: March Town Hockey Club’s ladies lose third game in a row
MARCH Town Hockey Club’s ladies first team remain winless after losing their third consecutive game 3-1 at Cambridge South II despite a battling display.
Newly-promoted March - now playing in Cambridgeshire Ladies’ League Division One - showed great team spirit after going 2-0 down within 10 minutes.
March pulled a goal back when Lisa Marston shot was saved and Kath Fryett stroked the rebound home. However, Cambridge continued their dominance after the break and wrapped up their win with a deserved third goal.
Nancy Brownlow and Flicity Allen were joint players of the match.
• March men’s II lost their final pre-season game 4-2 at Long Sutton II.
You may also want to watch:
March went behind against the run of play and conceded a second before Charlie Boughton pulled one back.
Andy Wright equalised but Sutton bagged two further goals to clinch the friendly victory.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 4 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 5 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 6 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 9 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating