Hockey round-up: Promotion for March first team while seconds and thirds fall to defeats
WHILE the first team powered to promotion with a vital win, March’s second and third teams suffered disappointing defeats.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge City V 4 March III 3
AN inspired display of goalkeeping from man of the match Scott Bamford failed to prevent March falling to a narrow defeat at Cambridge.
James Fountain had fired the visitors two up in the first half but Cambridge hit back with two of their own strikes after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Odlin restored March’s lead only for the home side to steal the points with two late goals. David Woods made an impressive debut for the third team.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 7 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
March 3 Ely 1
March II 1 Cambridge Nomads II 4
For full coverage of the first team’s magnificent promotion see Friday’s paper.