Hockey round-up: Promotion for March first team while seconds and thirds fall to defeats
WHILE the first team powered to promotion with a vital win, March’s second and third teams suffered disappointing defeats.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge City V 4 March III 3
AN inspired display of goalkeeping from man of the match Scott Bamford failed to prevent March falling to a narrow defeat at Cambridge.
James Fountain had fired the visitors two up in the first half but Cambridge hit back with two of their own strikes after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Odlin restored March’s lead only for the home side to steal the points with two late goals. David Woods made an impressive debut for the third team.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
March 3 Ely 1
March II 1 Cambridge Nomads II 4
For full coverage of the first team’s magnificent promotion see Friday’s paper.