Hockey round-up: Promotion for March first team while seconds and thirds fall to defeats
WHILE the first team powered to promotion with a vital win, March’s second and third teams suffered disappointing defeats.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge City V 4 March III 3
AN inspired display of goalkeeping from man of the match Scott Bamford failed to prevent March falling to a narrow defeat at Cambridge.
James Fountain had fired the visitors two up in the first half but Cambridge hit back with two of their own strikes after the break.
Toby Odlin restored March’s lead only for the home side to steal the points with two late goals. David Woods made an impressive debut for the third team.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
March 3 Ely 1
March II 1 Cambridge Nomads II 4
For full coverage of the first team’s magnificent promotion see Friday’s paper.