Hockey round-up: Promotion for March first team while seconds and thirds fall to defeats
WHILE the first team powered to promotion with a vital win, March’s second and third teams suffered disappointing defeats.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge City V 4 March III 3
AN inspired display of goalkeeping from man of the match Scott Bamford failed to prevent March falling to a narrow defeat at Cambridge.
James Fountain had fired the visitors two up in the first half but Cambridge hit back with two of their own strikes after the break.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Odlin restored March’s lead only for the home side to steal the points with two late goals. David Woods made an impressive debut for the third team.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 9 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 10 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
March 3 Ely 1
March II 1 Cambridge Nomads II 4
For full coverage of the first team’s magnificent promotion see Friday’s paper.