Hockey round-up: Promotion for March first team while seconds and thirds fall to defeats
WHILE the first team powered to promotion with a vital win, March’s second and third teams suffered disappointing defeats.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Cambridge City V 4 March III 3
AN inspired display of goalkeeping from man of the match Scott Bamford failed to prevent March falling to a narrow defeat at Cambridge.
James Fountain had fired the visitors two up in the first half but Cambridge hit back with two of their own strikes after the break.
Toby Odlin restored March’s lead only for the home side to steal the points with two late goals. David Woods made an impressive debut for the third team.
- 1 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 2 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Shoplifters 'dragged security guard across floor'
- 7 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
March 3 Ely 1
March II 1 Cambridge Nomads II 4
For full coverage of the first team’s magnificent promotion see Friday’s paper.