Hockey round-up: Table-topping firsts beaten in disappointing weekend for March
THE table-topping first team crashed to a 2-1 defeat against title rivals Norwich in a disappointing weekend for March’s hockey sides.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
March Town III 3 City of Peterborough VII 0
MARCH got off to the perfect start against Peterborough when Ben Wright’s reverse-stick shot hit the back of the net to give the home side a deserved lead.
Brian Fox doubled their advantage soon afterwards and March survived a sustained period of pressure to preserve their lead until half time.
You may also want to watch:
The defence continued to stand firm after the break with a flurry of Peterborough penalty corners cleared.
As the visitors pushed forward March were able to capitalise on holes at the back and a counter attack saw Fox bag his second to secure a commanding victory. The thirds are away to Cambridge South tomorrow.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March Town 1 Norwich City II 2
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
City of Peterborough IV 3 March Town II 2
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West
City of Peterborough VIII 4 March Town IV 3