Hockey round-up: Table-topping firsts beaten in disappointing weekend for March
THE table-topping first team crashed to a 2-1 defeat against title rivals Norwich in a disappointing weekend for March’s hockey sides.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
March Town III 3 City of Peterborough VII 0
MARCH got off to the perfect start against Peterborough when Ben Wright’s reverse-stick shot hit the back of the net to give the home side a deserved lead.
Brian Fox doubled their advantage soon afterwards and March survived a sustained period of pressure to preserve their lead until half time.
You may also want to watch:
The defence continued to stand firm after the break with a flurry of Peterborough penalty corners cleared.
As the visitors pushed forward March were able to capitalise on holes at the back and a counter attack saw Fox bag his second to secure a commanding victory. The thirds are away to Cambridge South tomorrow.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March Town 1 Norwich City II 2
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
City of Peterborough IV 3 March Town II 2
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West
City of Peterborough VIII 4 March Town IV 3