Hockey round-up: Table-topping firsts beaten in disappointing weekend for March
THE table-topping first team crashed to a 2-1 defeat against title rivals Norwich in a disappointing weekend for March’s hockey sides.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
March Town III 3 City of Peterborough VII 0
MARCH got off to the perfect start against Peterborough when Ben Wright’s reverse-stick shot hit the back of the net to give the home side a deserved lead.
Brian Fox doubled their advantage soon afterwards and March survived a sustained period of pressure to preserve their lead until half time.
You may also want to watch:
The defence continued to stand firm after the break with a flurry of Peterborough penalty corners cleared.
As the visitors pushed forward March were able to capitalise on holes at the back and a counter attack saw Fox bag his second to secure a commanding victory. The thirds are away to Cambridge South tomorrow.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March Town 1 Norwich City II 2
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
City of Peterborough IV 3 March Town II 2
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Six North-West
City of Peterborough VIII 4 March Town IV 3