Hockey round-up: Thomas bags five as March Ladies go goal crazy in 9-0 win
MARCH Ladies were the only side to taste victory last weekend as they romped to a 9-0 win against Rutland’s second outfit. Suzanna Thomas was in sensational form helping herself to five goals.
Elsewhere it was a bad weekend for the other three March sides in action who failed to register a win.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March Town II 2 Wisbech II 5
MARCH were left to contemplate missed chances in this derby defeat. James Fisher and Stuart Mills managed to find the net for the home side who travel to Horncastle this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Wisbech IV 1 March III 1
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
MARCH came flying out of the blocks in a thrilling end-to-end encounter and took the lead through Stuart Fox. Jonathan Boyall equalised after the break and both ‘keepers made great saves to ensure both sides took a share of the points.
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two Cup
March 9 Rutland II 0
Suzanna Thomas opened the scoring for March who added a second through Kate Hurn with a fine individual goal. Goals from Emily Woods and another from Thomas made the game safe before the interval. However, March continued to push forward and added five more goals after the break. Thomas bagged a second-half hat-trick to take her total to five in a thrilling individual display that earned her the player of the match award. Hurn scored her second before Hannah Odlin managed to add her name to the scoresheet with a rare goal, to round off a great victory.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Cambridge University III 3 March 2