Hockey round-up: Thomas bags five as March Ladies go goal crazy in 9-0 win
MARCH Ladies were the only side to taste victory last weekend as they romped to a 9-0 win against Rutland’s second outfit. Suzanna Thomas was in sensational form helping herself to five goals.
Elsewhere it was a bad weekend for the other three March sides in action who failed to register a win.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March Town II 2 Wisbech II 5
MARCH were left to contemplate missed chances in this derby defeat. James Fisher and Stuart Mills managed to find the net for the home side who travel to Horncastle this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Wisbech IV 1 March III 1
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
MARCH came flying out of the blocks in a thrilling end-to-end encounter and took the lead through Stuart Fox. Jonathan Boyall equalised after the break and both ‘keepers made great saves to ensure both sides took a share of the points.
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two Cup
March 9 Rutland II 0
Suzanna Thomas opened the scoring for March who added a second through Kate Hurn with a fine individual goal. Goals from Emily Woods and another from Thomas made the game safe before the interval. However, March continued to push forward and added five more goals after the break. Thomas bagged a second-half hat-trick to take her total to five in a thrilling individual display that earned her the player of the match award. Hurn scored her second before Hannah Odlin managed to add her name to the scoresheet with a rare goal, to round off a great victory.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
Cambridge University III 3 March 2