Hockey round-up: Thrilling climax to season as two March sides chase promotion
PROMOTION hopes remain in the hands of two March sides as the hockey season shapes up for a thrilling climax.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
City of Peterborough 4 March 0
MARCH felt they should have been awarded a short corner in the early stages but were left cursing sloppy defending after going in 2-0 down at the break. The home side bagged two more after the interval to replace March at the top of the table with just two games left. March host Ely at Neale-Wade on Saturday. Match starts at 2.30pm.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
You may also want to watch:
Spalding III 8 March III 0
MARCH’s miserable run continued as they shipped eight goals at promotion hopefuls Spalding. The hosts, who were 3-0 up at the break, added five more in the second half and March’s woes were compounded when Dan Shirley limped off through injury.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
March 4 Huntingdon II 2
MARCH came from behind to lead 3-1 at the break after goals from Laura Mitchell, Nickki Wright and Sherry Nielander. Suzanna Thomas’ fine solo effort gave the home side a comfortable three-goal lead before the visitors bagged a consolation.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March II 0 St Ives II 0