Hockey round-up: Thrilling climax to season as two March sides chase promotion
PROMOTION hopes remain in the hands of two March sides as the hockey season shapes up for a thrilling climax.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
City of Peterborough 4 March 0
MARCH felt they should have been awarded a short corner in the early stages but were left cursing sloppy defending after going in 2-0 down at the break. The home side bagged two more after the interval to replace March at the top of the table with just two games left. March host Ely at Neale-Wade on Saturday. Match starts at 2.30pm.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Five North-West
Spalding III 8 March III 0
MARCH’s miserable run continued as they shipped eight goals at promotion hopefuls Spalding. The hosts, who were 3-0 up at the break, added five more in the second half and March’s woes were compounded when Dan Shirley limped off through injury.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 10 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
Cambridgeshire Ladies League - Division Two
March 4 Huntingdon II 2
MARCH came from behind to lead 3-1 at the break after goals from Laura Mitchell, Nickki Wright and Sherry Nielander. Suzanna Thomas’ fine solo effort gave the home side a comfortable three-goal lead before the visitors bagged a consolation.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Three North-West
March II 0 St Ives II 0