Hockey round-up: Thumping wins for March’s first and third teams in weekend goal-fest
MARCH’S hockey teams treated spectators to a feast of goals at the weekend, as both the first and third teams hit double figures.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March 10 Bourne 1
MARCH turned on the style to thump a stunning 10 goals past Bourne.
Matt Wallis and Rob Mitchell both scored hat-tricks, Jody Betts bagged a brace, David Hazelgrave netted his first of the season and Ed Batt scored a sweet strike from a short corner to secure victory for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
The emphatic performance sees March continue their push for promotion. Man of the match was Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s League - Division Five North-West
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
Rutland III 2 March III 10
A RUTHLESS display of finishing from Brian Fox saw March’s thirds match the stunning performance of their first team by smashing a hatful of goals past Rutland.
Man of the match Fox hit the back of the net four times, Ben Wright bagged a hat-trick and Charlie Boughton, Matt Lakey and Toby Fox completed the rout.
Next week the in-form thirds play Alford and District, hoping to avenge a 7-1 defeat earlier in the season.
East Men’s League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Wisbech III 8