Hockey round-up: Thumping wins for March’s first and third teams in weekend goal-fest
MARCH’S hockey teams treated spectators to a feast of goals at the weekend, as both the first and third teams hit double figures.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March 10 Bourne 1
MARCH turned on the style to thump a stunning 10 goals past Bourne.
Matt Wallis and Rob Mitchell both scored hat-tricks, Jody Betts bagged a brace, David Hazelgrave netted his first of the season and Ed Batt scored a sweet strike from a short corner to secure victory for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
The emphatic performance sees March continue their push for promotion. Man of the match was Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s League - Division Five North-West
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
Rutland III 2 March III 10
A RUTHLESS display of finishing from Brian Fox saw March’s thirds match the stunning performance of their first team by smashing a hatful of goals past Rutland.
Man of the match Fox hit the back of the net four times, Ben Wright bagged a hat-trick and Charlie Boughton, Matt Lakey and Toby Fox completed the rout.
Next week the in-form thirds play Alford and District, hoping to avenge a 7-1 defeat earlier in the season.
East Men’s League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Wisbech III 8