Hockey round-up: Thumping wins for March’s first and third teams in weekend goal-fest
MARCH’S hockey teams treated spectators to a feast of goals at the weekend, as both the first and third teams hit double figures.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March 10 Bourne 1
MARCH turned on the style to thump a stunning 10 goals past Bourne.
Matt Wallis and Rob Mitchell both scored hat-tricks, Jody Betts bagged a brace, David Hazelgrave netted his first of the season and Ed Batt scored a sweet strike from a short corner to secure victory for the home side.
You may also want to watch:
The emphatic performance sees March continue their push for promotion. Man of the match was Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s League - Division Five North-West
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 3 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 7 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
Rutland III 2 March III 10
A RUTHLESS display of finishing from Brian Fox saw March’s thirds match the stunning performance of their first team by smashing a hatful of goals past Rutland.
Man of the match Fox hit the back of the net four times, Ben Wright bagged a hat-trick and Charlie Boughton, Matt Lakey and Toby Fox completed the rout.
Next week the in-form thirds play Alford and District, hoping to avenge a 7-1 defeat earlier in the season.
East Men’s League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Wisbech III 8