Hockey round-up: Thumping wins for March’s first and third teams in weekend goal-fest
MARCH’S hockey teams treated spectators to a feast of goals at the weekend, as both the first and third teams hit double figures.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March 10 Bourne 1
MARCH turned on the style to thump a stunning 10 goals past Bourne.
Matt Wallis and Rob Mitchell both scored hat-tricks, Jody Betts bagged a brace, David Hazelgrave netted his first of the season and Ed Batt scored a sweet strike from a short corner to secure victory for the home side.
The emphatic performance sees March continue their push for promotion. Man of the match was Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s League - Division Five North-West
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 4 A141 crash involves recycling lorry
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 9 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
Rutland III 2 March III 10
A RUTHLESS display of finishing from Brian Fox saw March’s thirds match the stunning performance of their first team by smashing a hatful of goals past Rutland.
Man of the match Fox hit the back of the net four times, Ben Wright bagged a hat-trick and Charlie Boughton, Matt Lakey and Toby Fox completed the rout.
Next week the in-form thirds play Alford and District, hoping to avenge a 7-1 defeat earlier in the season.
East Men’s League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Wisbech III 8