Hockey round-up: Thumping wins for March’s first and third teams in weekend goal-fest
MARCH’S hockey teams treated spectators to a feast of goals at the weekend, as both the first and third teams hit double figures.
East Men’s Hockey League - Division Two North
March 10 Bourne 1
MARCH turned on the style to thump a stunning 10 goals past Bourne.
Matt Wallis and Rob Mitchell both scored hat-tricks, Jody Betts bagged a brace, David Hazelgrave netted his first of the season and Ed Batt scored a sweet strike from a short corner to secure victory for the home side.
The emphatic performance sees March continue their push for promotion. Man of the match was Jacob Fraser.
East Men’s League - Division Five North-West
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
Rutland III 2 March III 10
A RUTHLESS display of finishing from Brian Fox saw March’s thirds match the stunning performance of their first team by smashing a hatful of goals past Rutland.
Man of the match Fox hit the back of the net four times, Ben Wright bagged a hat-trick and Charlie Boughton, Matt Lakey and Toby Fox completed the rout.
Next week the in-form thirds play Alford and District, hoping to avenge a 7-1 defeat earlier in the season.
East Men’s League - Division Three North-West
March II 1 Wisbech III 8