Hockey round-up: Tough weekend for March as first team slip to seventh
MARCH Town Hockey Club suffered a disappointing final weekend before the Christmas break as both first and second teams fell to defeats.
The first team, who briefly shot to the top of Division One after an incredible start to the season, dropped to seventh with a 3-1 loss against Felixstowe.
March conceded two first-half goals before rallying after the break. Scott Welcher gave them hope with a fine finish but Felixstowe secured the points with a flowing counter attack.
The second team were also beaten 3-1 in a tough clash with Peterborough V.
Peterborough cruised into a 2-0 lead but Charlie Boughton netted on the stroke of half-time to put his side back in contention.
You may also want to watch:
Peterborough snatched a decisive third in the closing stages to seal their victory. Andy Wright was March’s man of the match.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit