Hockey round-up: Tough weekend for March as first team slip to seventh
MARCH Town Hockey Club suffered a disappointing final weekend before the Christmas break as both first and second teams fell to defeats.
The first team, who briefly shot to the top of Division One after an incredible start to the season, dropped to seventh with a 3-1 loss against Felixstowe.
March conceded two first-half goals before rallying after the break. Scott Welcher gave them hope with a fine finish but Felixstowe secured the points with a flowing counter attack.
The second team were also beaten 3-1 in a tough clash with Peterborough V.
Peterborough cruised into a 2-0 lead but Charlie Boughton netted on the stroke of half-time to put his side back in contention.
You may also want to watch:
Peterborough snatched a decisive third in the closing stages to seal their victory. Andy Wright was March’s man of the match.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal