Hockey round-up: Tough weekend for March as first team slip to seventh
MARCH Town Hockey Club suffered a disappointing final weekend before the Christmas break as both first and second teams fell to defeats.
The first team, who briefly shot to the top of Division One after an incredible start to the season, dropped to seventh with a 3-1 loss against Felixstowe.
March conceded two first-half goals before rallying after the break. Scott Welcher gave them hope with a fine finish but Felixstowe secured the points with a flowing counter attack.
The second team were also beaten 3-1 in a tough clash with Peterborough V.
Peterborough cruised into a 2-0 lead but Charlie Boughton netted on the stroke of half-time to put his side back in contention.
You may also want to watch:
Peterborough snatched a decisive third in the closing stages to seal their victory. Andy Wright was March’s man of the match.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens