Hockey round-up: Winless weekend for March Town Hockey Club sides
A VALIANT second-half fightback couldn’t prevent March Town Hockey Club’s men’s first team from slipping to a 3-2 defeat at home to Ford on Saturday.
The visitors slotted home two unanswered goals on the counter attack to take a lead into the break but Jody Betts gave his side hope after the restart.
Ash Welland made it 2-2, following a fine pass from Rob Mitchell, but as the hosts pushed forward in search of a winner, Ford sunk a decisive third from a penalty corner.
• RESOLUTE defending from Alford enabled them to hang on to a point against the men’s II who grabbed a goal through Ed Batt in their 1-1 home draw.
• THE men’s III spurned a host of penalty corners in the second half during a 1-0 defeat at Bourne Deeping IV.
You may also want to watch:
• The ladies’ first team suffered derby-day misery in a 2-0 defeat to Ely II.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite