Hockey round-up: Winless weekend for March Town Hockey Club sides
A VALIANT second-half fightback couldn’t prevent March Town Hockey Club’s men’s first team from slipping to a 3-2 defeat at home to Ford on Saturday.
The visitors slotted home two unanswered goals on the counter attack to take a lead into the break but Jody Betts gave his side hope after the restart.
Ash Welland made it 2-2, following a fine pass from Rob Mitchell, but as the hosts pushed forward in search of a winner, Ford sunk a decisive third from a penalty corner.
• RESOLUTE defending from Alford enabled them to hang on to a point against the men’s II who grabbed a goal through Ed Batt in their 1-1 home draw.
• THE men’s III spurned a host of penalty corners in the second half during a 1-0 defeat at Bourne Deeping IV.
You may also want to watch:
• The ladies’ first team suffered derby-day misery in a 2-0 defeat to Ely II.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards