Hold tight! Baker leads way
A HUGE crowd were treated to another fantastic weekend of action at the Norfolk Arena, King s Lynn, at the weekend. And Fenland drivers were heavily involved in the ever-popular bus and coach destruction derby and John Baker of Tydd St Giles, led the way
A HUGE crowd were treated to another fantastic weekend of action at the Norfolk Arena, King's Lynn, at the weekend.
And Fenland drivers were heavily involved in the ever-popular bus and coach destruction derby and John Baker of Tydd St Giles, led the way with victory in both his heat and the final.
Terrington St John's Stu Green also won his heat before escaping unhurt from a nasty crash in the final, which caused the race to be suspended.
Green had a busy day as he was also involved in the micro bangers where Justin Nicholls, from Tydd St Giles, had opened the day with victory in his heat.
Wisbech's Andrew Lack was the best Fenland performer in the final coming home fourth. Elm's Nicky Young and Jonathon Warby and Shaun McMillan, both from Wisbech, also got in to the places in the heats.
Elm's Richard Hampshire, was the star of the 1300 stock cars, taking the chequered flag in the final after a terrific drive.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 6 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 9 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Earlier in the day, national points champion Lee Green, of Wisbech, had taken the chequered flag in the first heat, his 2006 debut race.
Stock car and banger racing returns to the Norfolk Arena on Saturday,May 13 from 6.30pm when the two-litre bangers, TSR bangers and rebels are all in action.