Horse riding - Salter earns England call-up
HORSE rider Nathan Salter has been selected to represent England in the DAKS Pony Club International event to take place at this weekend s Royal Windsor Horse Show. The 14-year-old student at Long Sutton s Peele School impressed selectors at the Newark an
HORSE rider Nathan Salter has been selected to represent England in the DAKS Pony Club International event to take place at this weekend's Royal Windsor Horse Show.
The 14-year-old student at Long Sutton's Peele School impressed selectors at the Newark and Nottinghamshire Showground earlier in the year.
Riding his 11-year-old skewbald gelding, Frankie, Nathan joined 19 other young riders at the trial and secured one of five places available for the Prince Philip Cup games team.
Nathan, who has been riding for five years, has been a member of the Burghley Pony Club for four years and this will be his final year as a member of the senior Prince Philip Cup team.
You may also want to watch:
The Prince Philip Cup is in its 50th year and will be one of the many attractions at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, which started yesterday and will run until Sunday.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab