Horse riding - Salter earns England call-up
HORSE rider Nathan Salter has been selected to represent England in the DAKS Pony Club International event to take place at this weekend s Royal Windsor Horse Show. The 14-year-old student at Long Sutton s Peele School impressed selectors at the Newark an
HORSE rider Nathan Salter has been selected to represent England in the DAKS Pony Club International event to take place at this weekend's Royal Windsor Horse Show.
The 14-year-old student at Long Sutton's Peele School impressed selectors at the Newark and Nottinghamshire Showground earlier in the year.
Riding his 11-year-old skewbald gelding, Frankie, Nathan joined 19 other young riders at the trial and secured one of five places available for the Prince Philip Cup games team.
Nathan, who has been riding for five years, has been a member of the Burghley Pony Club for four years and this will be his final year as a member of the senior Prince Philip Cup team.
You may also want to watch:
The Prince Philip Cup is in its 50th year and will be one of the many attractions at the Royal Windsor Horse Show, which started yesterday and will run until Sunday.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 3 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Dogs to join hounds across the world in global walk
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens