Hundreds of runners battle for honours as March hosts fourth Frostbite race
- Credit: Archant
MORE than 400 runners did battle with a five-mile mixed-terrain course in March on Sunday as the town hosted the fourth Frostbite Friendly League race.
There were also more than 150 junior stars who conquered a 1.5-mile course at the event, which was hosted by March Athletic Club and started at Whitemoor Prison.
Debra Wait (88th, 32:50) led the way for the hosts - who secured fifth place overall - as she finished as the second lady home.
Luke Fenner (32nd, 9:57) was the first of six March junior runners to return while Simon Oldfield (40th, 30:58) was the quickest senior to finish, followed by Jason Perring (43rd, 31:07) and Mick Stacey (47th, 31.25).
Fenland Running Club also turned out in force for the race, with 21 runners among the 421 finishers.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Trow (8th, 27:23) and Rebecca Cousins (45th, 31:16) were in particularly good form for Fenland, who finished third out of the 16 teams competing.
Cousins was the first lady home, while Matt Pyatt (10th, 27:56) and Paul Arnold (52nd, 31:30) were also impressive.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
Martin Dawson (19th, 29:16) was the standout performer for Thorney Running Club and he was followed home by Dean Houlton (31st, 30:14) and Neil Martin (33rd, 30:19).
For full results visit www.frostbiteleague.org.uk