Hundreds turn out for March AC Frostbite race with stunning junior performance by Fenner
- Credit: Archant
More than 450 runners braced tough conditions in March AC’s home Frostbite League cross country race.
First home for the club out of a bumper turnout of 40 home runners in the seniors 5.25 mile race was Paul Hensby in 64th (33.37). First lady home was Debra Wait in 116th (35.45).
The club secured fifth place on the day and have climbed to fourth overall in the league.
A 1.5 mile junior race was also held on the day. Luke Fenner came an impressive second out of more than 180 runners (8.40), missing out on the win by four seconds.
A club spokesman said: “A big thank you to all of those that helped make the day successful.”
You may also want to watch:
Juniors results: Luke Fenner 8.40, 2nd; Hugo Bryant 10.16, 26th; Sean Stacey 10.32, 39th; Kirk Bal 10.36, 41st; Luke Parnell 10.37, 43rd; Alfie McIntyre 11.04, 57th; Brandon Pearce 11.07; 58th, Luke Gardner 11.17, 63rd; Andrew Lee 11.19, 64th; Louis Beningfield 11.42, 83rd; Liam Lambert 12.02, 95th; Megan Stacey 12.17, 111th; Sophie Fenner 12.30, 120th; Paul Bryant 13.02, 137th; Sophie West 13.34, 153rd; Katlyn Baker 13.37, 155th; Alex Cartwright 16.03, 181st; Esme McIntyre 16.08, 182nd; Bethany Ken 16.12, 184th; Chloe Wilson 16.19, 186th; Abigail Ballard 16.20, 187th.
Seniors results: Paul Hensby 33.37, 64th; Mick Stacey 34.09, 80th; Simon Render 34.44, 91st; Charlie Stevens 34.51, 92nd; Wayne Stimson 35.00, 94th; Mark Salmons 35.32, 110th; Debra Wait 35.45, 116th; Tim Boyd 35.47, 117th; Geraldine Larham 36.13, 127th; Karen Patterson 36.30, 131st; Tony Epps 36.32, 132nd; Darren Moat 36.42, 135th; Kevin Barnes 37.43, 160th; Toni Alcaraz 38.05, 171st; Justin Elvidge 38.10, 174th; Lynn Summerfield 39.06, 205th; Dave Tuffnail 40.26, 228th; Mark Darlow 40.35, 233rd; Amy Collett 40.47, 237th; Chris Lawrence 40.51, 241st; Wayne Kent 41.12, 246th; Paul Wing 41.24, 250th; Graeme Robertson 42.15, 276th; Shaun Donkin 42.51, 290th; Frances Cooke 44.56, 330th; Jordan Lancaster 45.21, 340th; Angela Cumbridge 45.24, 341st; Scott Bywater 47.02, 367th; Tina Lambert 49.04, 386th; Dawn Veal 49.05, 387th; Hugo Plumb 49.30, 391st; Tony Ofero 54.08, 431st; Sarah Lemmon 54.26, 433rd; Nina Markillie 55.42, 439th; Suzanne Muckley 55.43, 440th; Sue Ward 56.12, 444th; Ray Few 56.12, 445th; Chris Amps 56.13, 446th; Mark Oakerbee 56.57, 447th; Pat Brown 1.06.01, 456th.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 4 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 9 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal