Husband and wife duo put on their Sunday best
- Credit: Archant
Running Fenland Running Club duo Martin and Nicky Jennings recorded personal best times as they competed in the Nene Valley Harriers 10 mile race, on Sunday.
Martin and Nicky were among seven club runners taking part in the event and Martin recorded a time of 63minutes 16 seconds – earning him 50th place of the 363 finishers. He was also first Fenland runner home.
Nicky, meanwhile, came home in 77mins 59secs to take 210th place overall.
Another five members of the club saw action in the Bedford Harriers Half Marathon, held in Wootton, near Bedford.
In a large filed of 957 finishers, it was extremely windy as well as very hilly on the single-lap 13.1-mile route. Although it led to some good negative splits on the second half when there was a largely following wind, resulted in most runners being behind their expected or hoped for times. The exception was Rod Sinnott who managed a personal best time of 1hr 37mins 24secs.
You may also want to watch:
Full results: Martin Jennings 50th 63.16 (PB); Clive Harrod 127th 69.54; Adam Chown 154th 72.50 (PB); Ian Milburn 157th 63.05; Justin Showell 192nd 76.04; Keith White 193rd 76.16; Nicky Jennings 210th 77.59.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
Full results: Rod Sinnott 201st 1.37.24 (PB); Paul Griffin 215th 1.38.09; Maire Irlam 242nd 1.39.19; Neil Bailey 762nd 2.05.00; Katie Ward DNF.