Husband and wife duo put on their Sunday best
- Credit: Archant
Running Fenland Running Club duo Martin and Nicky Jennings recorded personal best times as they competed in the Nene Valley Harriers 10 mile race, on Sunday.
Martin and Nicky were among seven club runners taking part in the event and Martin recorded a time of 63minutes 16 seconds – earning him 50th place of the 363 finishers. He was also first Fenland runner home.
Nicky, meanwhile, came home in 77mins 59secs to take 210th place overall.
Another five members of the club saw action in the Bedford Harriers Half Marathon, held in Wootton, near Bedford.
In a large filed of 957 finishers, it was extremely windy as well as very hilly on the single-lap 13.1-mile route. Although it led to some good negative splits on the second half when there was a largely following wind, resulted in most runners being behind their expected or hoped for times. The exception was Rod Sinnott who managed a personal best time of 1hr 37mins 24secs.
You may also want to watch:
Full results: Martin Jennings 50th 63.16 (PB); Clive Harrod 127th 69.54; Adam Chown 154th 72.50 (PB); Ian Milburn 157th 63.05; Justin Showell 192nd 76.04; Keith White 193rd 76.16; Nicky Jennings 210th 77.59.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
Full results: Rod Sinnott 201st 1.37.24 (PB); Paul Griffin 215th 1.38.09; Maire Irlam 242nd 1.39.19; Neil Bailey 762nd 2.05.00; Katie Ward DNF.