I think we might need a bigger trophy cabinet - Fenland kickboxing stars toast golden year
STAR performers from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association show off the products of a golden year... 138 trophies and 17 medals.
The BCKA talents, who train in Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Whittlesey, amassed the spectacular haul of silverware with a series of glittering performances.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “I’m so proud of everyone because it takes a lot of commitment from the fighters to enter competitions throughout the year.
“It is also down to the parents, who support their children by getting them to the training sessions and competitions.”
The BCKA sealed 2012 in triumphant style as four students became first degree black belts.
Simon Munday, Chelsea Munday, Wendy Whitwell and Alan Johnson took the honours after a gruelling grading session in Corby.
Andy Whitwell said: “The dedication and commitment of these four students was plain for all to see.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
“They all needed to work extremely hard and they didn’t disappoint. They passed with flying colours.”
Anyone interested in learning kickboxing or Kung Fu with the BCKA should contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk