I think we might need a bigger trophy cabinet - Fenland kickboxing stars toast golden year
STAR performers from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association show off the products of a golden year... 138 trophies and 17 medals.
The BCKA talents, who train in Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Whittlesey, amassed the spectacular haul of silverware with a series of glittering performances.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “I’m so proud of everyone because it takes a lot of commitment from the fighters to enter competitions throughout the year.
“It is also down to the parents, who support their children by getting them to the training sessions and competitions.”
The BCKA sealed 2012 in triumphant style as four students became first degree black belts.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Munday, Chelsea Munday, Wendy Whitwell and Alan Johnson took the honours after a gruelling grading session in Corby.
Andy Whitwell said: “The dedication and commitment of these four students was plain for all to see.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
“They all needed to work extremely hard and they didn’t disappoint. They passed with flying colours.”
Anyone interested in learning kickboxing or Kung Fu with the BCKA should contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk