I think we might need a bigger trophy cabinet - Fenland kickboxing stars toast golden year
STAR performers from the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association show off the products of a golden year... 138 trophies and 17 medals.
The BCKA talents, who train in Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Whittlesey, amassed the spectacular haul of silverware with a series of glittering performances.
Coach Andy Whitwell said: “I’m so proud of everyone because it takes a lot of commitment from the fighters to enter competitions throughout the year.
“It is also down to the parents, who support their children by getting them to the training sessions and competitions.”
The BCKA sealed 2012 in triumphant style as four students became first degree black belts.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Munday, Chelsea Munday, Wendy Whitwell and Alan Johnson took the honours after a gruelling grading session in Corby.
Andy Whitwell said: “The dedication and commitment of these four students was plain for all to see.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
“They all needed to work extremely hard and they didn’t disappoint. They passed with flying colours.”
Anyone interested in learning kickboxing or Kung Fu with the BCKA should contact Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk