‘My health has to come first,’ says Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill as he cancels end of year fight due to ‘health issues’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fenland sporting star Jordan Gill has announced he will not be competing again until 2020 due to a decline in his health.
The Chatteris boxer revealed the news to his social media followers on Sunday, November 3 after rumours of an end of year fight cropped up.
In a post on his Facebook page, the 25-year-old said: "I am absolutely gutted to say that due to health issues I won't be fighting again this year.
"I got myself in great shape and I was hoping for a big fight before the end of the year, but unfortunately I just won't be able to."
"Boxing is my life, and I'll be in the ring as soon as I can in 2020, but my health has to come first," he added.
You may also want to watch:
One fan replied: "Get well soon! Best to rest up now and come back bigger and better next year!"
Another added: "You can't buy health mate. Rest up and come again stronger."
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
The news comes after his unbeaten record was taken from him after his fight with Enrique Tinoco earlier this year.