‘My health has to come first,’ says Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill as he cancels end of year fight due to ‘health issues’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fenland sporting star Jordan Gill has announced he will not be competing again until 2020 due to a decline in his health.
The Chatteris boxer revealed the news to his social media followers on Sunday, November 3 after rumours of an end of year fight cropped up.
In a post on his Facebook page, the 25-year-old said: "I am absolutely gutted to say that due to health issues I won't be fighting again this year.
"I got myself in great shape and I was hoping for a big fight before the end of the year, but unfortunately I just won't be able to."
"Boxing is my life, and I'll be in the ring as soon as I can in 2020, but my health has to come first," he added.
One fan replied: "Get well soon! Best to rest up now and come back bigger and better next year!"
Another added: "You can't buy health mate. Rest up and come again stronger."
- 1 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 2 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 6 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 9 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 10 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
The news comes after his unbeaten record was taken from him after his fight with Enrique Tinoco earlier this year.