‘My health has to come first,’ says Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill as he cancels end of year fight due to ‘health issues’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fenland sporting star Jordan Gill has announced he will not be competing again until 2020 due to a decline in his health.
The Chatteris boxer revealed the news to his social media followers on Sunday, November 3 after rumours of an end of year fight cropped up.
In a post on his Facebook page, the 25-year-old said: "I am absolutely gutted to say that due to health issues I won't be fighting again this year.
"I got myself in great shape and I was hoping for a big fight before the end of the year, but unfortunately I just won't be able to."
"Boxing is my life, and I'll be in the ring as soon as I can in 2020, but my health has to come first," he added.
You may also want to watch:
One fan replied: "Get well soon! Best to rest up now and come back bigger and better next year!"
Another added: "You can't buy health mate. Rest up and come again stronger."
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail
- 10 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
The news comes after his unbeaten record was taken from him after his fight with Enrique Tinoco earlier this year.