‘My health has to come first,’ says Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill as he cancels end of year fight due to ‘health issues’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fenland sporting star Jordan Gill has announced he will not be competing again until 2020 due to a decline in his health.
The Chatteris boxer revealed the news to his social media followers on Sunday, November 3 after rumours of an end of year fight cropped up.
In a post on his Facebook page, the 25-year-old said: "I am absolutely gutted to say that due to health issues I won't be fighting again this year.
"I got myself in great shape and I was hoping for a big fight before the end of the year, but unfortunately I just won't be able to."
"Boxing is my life, and I'll be in the ring as soon as I can in 2020, but my health has to come first," he added.
One fan replied: "Get well soon! Best to rest up now and come back bigger and better next year!"
Another added: "You can't buy health mate. Rest up and come again stronger."
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
The news comes after his unbeaten record was taken from him after his fight with Enrique Tinoco earlier this year.