‘My health has to come first,’ says Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill as he cancels end of year fight due to ‘health issues’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Fenland sporting star Jordan Gill has announced he will not be competing again until 2020 due to a decline in his health.
The Chatteris boxer revealed the news to his social media followers on Sunday, November 3 after rumours of an end of year fight cropped up.
In a post on his Facebook page, the 25-year-old said: "I am absolutely gutted to say that due to health issues I won't be fighting again this year.
"I got myself in great shape and I was hoping for a big fight before the end of the year, but unfortunately I just won't be able to."
"Boxing is my life, and I'll be in the ring as soon as I can in 2020, but my health has to come first," he added.
You may also want to watch:
One fan replied: "Get well soon! Best to rest up now and come back bigger and better next year!"
Another added: "You can't buy health mate. Rest up and come again stronger."
- 1 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 2 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 3 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 4 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
The news comes after his unbeaten record was taken from him after his fight with Enrique Tinoco earlier this year.