In-form March Town United’s five-game winning run ended at Fakenham Town
HIGH-FLYING March Town United’s five-game winning run came to an end with a 3-2 defeat at Fakenham Town yesterday.
The in-form Hares surrendered a 2-1 half-time lead at Clipbush Park as Brett Whaley’s side endured a disappointing start to 2012.
Ondre Odain’s fifth goal in as many games as a Hares’ player and a stunning free kick from defender Gavin Cooke had put Whaley’s charges 45 minutes away from their sixth consecutive Ridgeons First Division victory.
But the Ghosts struck twice more after the break to secure the win which saw March drop from second to fourth in the table.
Whaley’s promotion-chasing outfit return to league action on Saturday when they host Halstead Town (3pm kick-off). Admission to the game is free.
You may also want to watch:
• For more on March’s defeat and a preview to the weekend’s game see Friday’s Cambs Times.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail