In-form March Town United’s five-game winning run ended at Fakenham Town
HIGH-FLYING March Town United’s five-game winning run came to an end with a 3-2 defeat at Fakenham Town yesterday.
The in-form Hares surrendered a 2-1 half-time lead at Clipbush Park as Brett Whaley’s side endured a disappointing start to 2012.
Ondre Odain’s fifth goal in as many games as a Hares’ player and a stunning free kick from defender Gavin Cooke had put Whaley’s charges 45 minutes away from their sixth consecutive Ridgeons First Division victory.
But the Ghosts struck twice more after the break to secure the win which saw March drop from second to fourth in the table.
Whaley’s promotion-chasing outfit return to league action on Saturday when they host Halstead Town (3pm kick-off). Admission to the game is free.
You may also want to watch:
• For more on March’s defeat and a preview to the weekend’s game see Friday’s Cambs Times.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed