In-form March Town United’s five-game winning run ended at Fakenham Town
HIGH-FLYING March Town United’s five-game winning run came to an end with a 3-2 defeat at Fakenham Town yesterday.
The in-form Hares surrendered a 2-1 half-time lead at Clipbush Park as Brett Whaley’s side endured a disappointing start to 2012.
Ondre Odain’s fifth goal in as many games as a Hares’ player and a stunning free kick from defender Gavin Cooke had put Whaley’s charges 45 minutes away from their sixth consecutive Ridgeons First Division victory.
But the Ghosts struck twice more after the break to secure the win which saw March drop from second to fourth in the table.
Whaley’s promotion-chasing outfit return to league action on Saturday when they host Halstead Town (3pm kick-off). Admission to the game is free.
You may also want to watch:
• For more on March’s defeat and a preview to the weekend’s game see Friday’s Cambs Times.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million